SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Need wisdom for sick WinTV PVR150

I have a Sage system with 3 capture cards that have worked well for 18+ months. Two are WinTV PVR 150s and one is the AVerTVHD A180. I noticed this morning that when I jumped to LiveTV on one of the WinTV cards, the channel was blocky, very low PQ. I thought my cable had issues. Verified off STB tuner that cable service was still good. I went in to the Sage Setup Video Sources menu and exercised the channels for the different capture cards. One was hitting everything, the other would get an occasional channel, but mostly was just blocky grey static.

Does anyone know of a diagnostic tool or technique that I can run against the sick card to help me understand the failure? Might be PLL drift for the tuning circuit, in which case this thing becomes a paper weight. But if I can isolate something I can fix, I would love to rescue this card.

System information shows one card is "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (Encoder)" and the other is "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (Encoder-16)" if that helps. Still don't know which card is sick, but will get that tonight after work when I can crack the case.

Thanks in advance for any advice or counsel.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 02-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Administrator

I would contact Hauppauge tech support. If the card has failed, they might even replace it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Hauppauge is good about this, but you might try installing in another PC just to test. I had a 250 "go bad" only to revive itself after uninstalling and reinstalling a bit of software and drivers.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for tips. I've got an email off to Tech support. I'll be putting a 3.4GHz in this weekend and will shuffle the "bad" card to another box.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage