SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:30 AM
Sage User

HDHomerun Channel Mapping Help?

I'm based in Michigan, Sterling Heights to be precise, on WOW cable. Connected my newly received HDHomerun and updated the firmware, as directed.

Did a scan and came up with the following channels:
Physical qam 93
program 200: 1008.200 ABCHD
Physical qam 102
program 203:1008.203 NBCHD
Physical qam 113
program 205: 1008.205 PBSHD
physical qam 117
program 202: 1008.202 FOXHD.

I was able to launch all of the above in VLC with no issues.

I followed the instructions to configure sage, and erased my tuner configuration. Sage sees the HDHomerun, and I downloaded a lineup, disabled all the channels, and sorted them by name. However, after I remap the physical channels, I get no video or audio. It seems to be recording something, but I don't know what.

I tried remapping to physical 93, 93-1,93-2, etc, but still nothing. Am I doing something wrong, or did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks.

Phil
Old 01-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Your physical channels are as follows, you should map them this way in SageTV:

93-200: ABCHD
102-203: NBCHD
113-205: PBSHD
117-202: FOXHD

Make sure you select the correct option on the channel lineup to remap the channels. I think it's something like "Map to different physical channel number".

Good luck!
Old 01-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
Your physical channels are as follows, you should map them this way in SageTV:

93-200: ABCHD
102-203: NBCHD
113-205: PBSHD
117-202: FOXHD

Make sure you select the correct option on the channel lineup to remap the channels. I think it's something like "Map to different physical channel number".

Good luck!
I'll give that a try. On another note, it seems as though I should be pulling in more unencrypted channels than the above. What factors affect the signal?

Thanks again
Old 01-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Are these the only channels that are not listed as encrypted in your scan?

Most of the channels that I receive unencrypted QAM are not labeled, so they do not report the "1008.200 ABCHD" information that you are seeing in your scan. That area is just blank. From memory, it looks something like this:

Physical qam 126
program 3: 0.0

Or that 0.0 might not even be there, I can't remember for sure.

Carl
Old 01-31-2007, 11:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

It depends on your cable provider. Some are more generous then others. Mine (Comcast - Beaverton, OR) only offers rebroadcast of local channels (HD and SD) and some misc sales channels (adverts, QVC, etc.). You may not have any other channels. Or they might not be labeled and use 0.0 as mentioned before.

Ben
Old 01-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
Are these the only channels that are not listed as encrypted in your scan?

Most of the channels that I receive unencrypted QAM are not labeled, so they do not report the "1008.200 ABCHD" information that you are seeing in your scan. That area is just blank. From memory, it looks something like this:

Physical qam 126
program 3: 0.0

Or that 0.0 might not even be there, I can't remember for sure.

Carl
Those are the only ones that are labeled. I have some that are unlabeled, but the HomeRun scanner can't get enough signal to launch VLC. Or... VLC does launch but there is nothing there.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebogey
I'll give that a try. On another note, it seems as though I should be pulling in more unencrypted channels than the above. What factors affect the signal?

Thanks again

Now I'm puzzled. I mapped the channels and enabled the ones I could view with VLC. The program guide has no data. So.... I can't watch anything to tell if it's working. According to the sage HDHomeRun program, the HDHomerun is connected to sage. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Sage Expert

whether you map something to the channel or not does not affect whether you have Program data or not...

in other words..forget about HD for a second...if you enabled a channel so that you see the channel in your Program guide, it should have data. Just like any other channel...if it doesn't then you have a problem with your guide, unrelated to HD...probably caused by not choosing the right cable service or whatever service you may have...

Once you have the right service selected, all available channels for that service show up, with program data. (assuming you have enabled it)...thus you will see program data, whether you can actually view the channel or not.

Now, once you see the channel and the program data, you can map the QAM data to it...

hope that helps,

Gary Ellis
Old 01-31-2007, 06:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis
whether you map something to the channel or not does not affect whether you have Program data or not...

in other words..forget about HD for a second...if you enabled a channel so that you see the channel in your Program guide, it should have data. Just like any other channel...if it doesn't then you have a problem with your guide, unrelated to HD...probably caused by not choosing the right cable service or whatever service you may have...

Once you have the right service selected, all available channels for that service show up, with program data. (assuming you have enabled it)...thus you will see program data, whether you can actually view the channel or not.

Now, once you see the channel and the program data, you can map the QAM data to it...

hope that helps,

Gary Ellis
Gary,

Thanks to you and everyone else who helped. You were right. The guide was slow to populate. Seems to be working now.

Phil