SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Sage User

Cannot Delete Group - as per P. 36

I'm running 5.0.04 of Sage and like others, would like to manually clean house from time to time. I have read past message threads with links to page 36 and group deletes, but when I highlight a group of shows, like X-Files, and right-click (using a mouse), I see no options like "watched", "don't like" and "delete". It doesn't seem to matter how I sort the groups. I know they are in a group as it shows the folder icon to the right (correct?). If I left-click on the group, I actually go into the folder/group and see the individual recordings. I must be missing something. Why is it that I do not see a "delete" option for recordings which are in a group? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Administrator

In v5, you have to use the Delete/Watched/Don't Like commands directly on the group; there is no pop-up with those options.

In v6, there is an pop-up in advanced mode where you can access those & other group commands.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Sage User

Thank you for the reply - so with v5, I have to go into each individual recording (I have over 170) to do this? There are no group options that I can see from the main menu after I go into "SageTV Recordings".

Otherwise, it's v6 here I come!

Thanks again. I feel like such a noob, even though I have been running Sage since May '06.

Last edited by zebra14; 01-28-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Administrator

There is no pop-up group options dialog in v5. As the manual page that you referenced says: while the group is highlighted, use the Delete, Watched, and/or Don't Like commands. This means that while focus is on the group entry in the list, use the keystroke or remote button assigned to one of those commands & the action will be applied to all recordings or airings in that group.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Sage User

I appreciate your patience. OK, when I have the focus on the group in question, I pressed the red button on the Hauppauge remote, and it gave me the options to "set all don't like", "clear all don't like" & "cancel" - then the blue button gives me the option to "set all watched","clear all watched" & "cancel". The yellow button gives me "Menu display options" & the green button on the 45-button Hauppauge remote (MediaMVP) does nothing. Do I need to program a button to give me this "delete" choice?

I even went into detailed setup and looked at "Link infrared/keystroke to SageTV commands" and scrolled thru all the choices and "delete" was not in the list.

Last edited by zebra14; 01-27-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra14
I appreciate your patience. OK, when I have the focus on the group in question, I pressed the red button on the Hauppauge remote, and it gave me the options to "set all don't like", "clear all don't like" & "cancel" - then the blue button gives me the option to "set all watched","clear all watched" & "cancel". The yellow button gives me "Menu display options" & the green button on the 45-button Hauppauge remote (MediaMVP) does nothing. Do I need to program a button to give me this "delete" choice?

I even went into detailed setup and looked at "Link infrared/keystroke to SageTV commands" and scrolled thru all the choices and "delete" was not in the list.
The "Delete" command should be between Custom5 and Music Jukebox in the "Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTV Command" screen in Detailed Setup. I don't think that changed between 5.04 and 6.0.x anyway.

BobP.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Sage User

Bingo! Thanks BobP! I assigned the delete key to an unused key on my Hauppauge control, and am happily deleting about 400GB of recordings I thought I'd watch, but never have. A tip of the hat to you both for your assistance!