SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
Here's what I have...

OceansTwelve-1754566-0.1.1.1.1.autoCompress
OceansTwelve-1754566-0.1.1.1.autoCompress
OceansTwelve-1754566-0.1.1.1.1.mpg
OceansTwelve-1754566-0.1.1.1.1.edl

those have existed since before your last update.

There are bitrates available in the recording options that are below "DVD Extra Long Play." Maybe it's the transcoder in Sage that doesn't allow access to them? I have a couple of weekly series that I record at "DVD Fair" since image quality isn't an issue.

What happens if I chose an AVI in-place compression, will those shows still be listed in Recordings or get moved elsewhere?
What should happen with the workaround fix enabled is that it will treat an .autoCompress file as belonging to an .mpg with the same name or with and extra .1 in the name. That applies to the cleanup process as well so you can end up with .autoCompress and .1.autoCompress.

The import will display all the transcode formats that Sage is supporting. You can add your own in Sage.Properties transcoder/formats.

AVI in-place compressions do still show up in Recordings.

John
Old 06-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

hemicuda, I've just had confirmation from Sage that the .1 being added to the filenames on in-place mpg to mpg conversion is fixed in the next build.

John
Old 06-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Sage Icon

ok, just tested it from outside the LAN and it seems to be fixed (edit: worked-around).

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Last edited by hemicuda; 06-11-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
ok, just tested it from outside the LAN and it seems to be fixed.
Let's not say fixed, let's just say the workaround works.

John
Old 06-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Sage Icon

New version available for download

(1.3.8)
- Support for SageTV 6.2

John
Old 07-05-2007, 07:20 PM

Question Two Posible Additions

Hi,
Great Add-In you have here. But I was wondering if you would consider making 2 additions to it.

1) Could you add an option to compress only after the show has been watched?

2) Could you add an option that would hold the start of any compression job, if the server is busy. (Recording another show, etc.) Or Possibly, only allowing compression jobs to run start between certain times?

Thanks Again for the great Add-in.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Sage Icon

LKBalling,

1) Shouldn't be too difficult to do, Hopefully I'll add that to the next version.

2) May require a bit of thought.

John
Old 07-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
LKBalling,

1) Shouldn't be too difficult to do, Hopefully I'll add that to the next version.

2) May require a bit of thought.

John
If I set automatic compression based on channel and then set the favorite to auto compress also, will it do the compression twice?

I wanted to convert all the HD programs to regular MPEG-2 AC3 so the MVP can play it, but I also wanted the iPod to automatically get a copy also.

Just wondering...

Thanks,
Lauren
Old 07-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenglenn View Post
If I set automatic compression based on channel and then set the favorite to auto compress also, will it do the compression twice?

I wanted to convert all the HD programs to regular MPEG-2 AC3 so the MVP can play it, but I also wanted the iPod to automatically get a copy also.
No, only once and the favorite compression settings will take precedence over a channel compression.

My head hurts just thinking of the logic required to get two compressions done, so I can't see that happening in the short term unless I have a moment of inspiration.

John
Old 07-06-2007, 03:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No, only once and the favorite compression settings will take precedence over a channel compression.

My head hurts just thinking of the logic required to get two compressions done, so I can't see that happening in the short term unless I have a moment of inspiration.

John
John,

Why not allow a user to choose multiple compression types and just queue the jobs appropriately (one at a time) from one selection menu? The other day I did manual compressions of some shows at varying quality levels. I submitted the jobs one after another and they queued up fine.

B
Old 07-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Why not allow a user to choose multiple compression types and just queue the jobs appropriately (one at a time) from one selection menu? The other day I did manual compressions of some shows at varying quality levels. I submitted the jobs one after another and they queued up fine.
Doing a simple multiple compress would be relatively easy, but it starts getting a bit complex with inplace compressions or other compressions that delete the source file. It would need some logic added to either not allow those options if there are multiple compressions or to handle it.

John
Old 07-06-2007, 09:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Maybe allow for multiple with no in place or delete or single with?

B
Old 07-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Maybe allow for multiple with no in place or delete or single with?
I'll certainly look at a few options, it's just a bit more time consuming than 'Compress only if Watched'

John
Old 07-06-2007, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

You got me there. I have no concept of how hard this stuff is, but it sure sounds easy!

In all seriousness, thanks for looking at it! I think you'd be surprised at how little people will settle for. It doesn't need to include the kitchen sink, and if it should become a separate import than the single one, then so be it!

Take care,

B
Old 07-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
You got me there. I have no concept of how hard this stuff is, but it sure sounds easy!

In all seriousness, thanks for looking at it! I think you'd be surprised at how little people will settle for. It doesn't need to include the kitchen sink, and if it should become a separate import than the single one, then so be it!

Take care,

B
I don't know. I'm quite happy with it myself. It was just a request because I set up the favorite to compress and also had a channel compress done. We could also use the SOL defense and say that it would just do it regardless and if you told one to auto delete before the other one fired, then you're SOutofLuck and you learned a lesson.

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 07-06-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKBalling View Post
Could you add an option to compress only after the show has been watched?
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenglenn View Post
Added a test version on the first post for those that want to play. It's coded like a bomb site, but works in my testing. The multiple compress will run the additional compression first, however it will not delete the original file even if inplace compression is selected for it in the additional compression setting. It will delete the original file if inplace is selected in the standard compression, but that runs second.

Note: Be aware that if you are using the EvilPenguin compression profiles the delete original file is a global setting in the current version, so you will need to have that turned off if you are wanting to do multiple compressions.

Test Version
(1.3.9)
- Added option to Wait until Watched before compressing
- Added option for multiple compression jobs against a single file

John
Old 07-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Added a test version on the first post for those that want to play. It's coded like a bomb site, but works in my testing. The multiple compress will run the additional compression first, however it will not delete the original file even if inplace compression is selected for it in the additional compression setting. It will delete the original file if inplace is selected in the standard compression, but that runs second.

Note: Be aware that if you are using the EvilPenguin compression profiles the delete original file is a global setting in the current version, so you will need to have that turned off if you are wanting to do multiple compressions.

Test Version
(1.3.9)

John
Thanks! I appreciate the work you're doing with this and I plan to add this in as soon as I get my video player sync'd again. It's great that Sage transcodes automatically like this with your STVi. One less thing that I have to set or forget to set when I'm at work.

Lauren
Old 08-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Sage Icon

New version up for download

(1.3.9)
- SageTV 6.2.6

The SageTV 6.2.6 support is new since the test version

John
Old 08-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

MP4 options

John - it would be really cool if you could select a 'Smart' MP4 conversion by favorite - if it has the HD flag it would convert to HD MP4, if it doesn't - regular MP4.

I know, everybody's a critic. I'm not quite sure why Sage doesn't already do it this way (including what you're doing with this great add-on).

It would also be GREAT if we could select a converted recording quality on a manual recording!

Last edited by scoful; 08-18-2007 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Thought of something else...
Old 08-18-2007, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

John,

I just upgraded to the 6.2.6 RC and took the oppotunity to try out 1.3.9 and I have two problems. First, when I select Auto Compress Options from the Detailed Setup screen, all I get is a bunch of gibberish on the top few lines of the screen. Second, when I select the Auto Compress option from the Favorite recordings screen, there is no "-" button where you select a profile. The "+" is there but not the "-".

Sounds like a .jar problem but I already checked that. I'm running the stock STV with ComSkip playback and Malore menus enabled.

Lastly a question. Many of the STVi's require "df_sageutils.jar". How do I know if I have the right version of the file?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.