SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

That'd be a good feature request for the core. Since we're in a beta you may want to go ahead and submit that straight to the Sage devs.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
John I would settle for add jobs between X and Y time and they finish when they finish. To be honest, I hadn't even thought about regulating the jobs as you described. I just don't want them to kick off during prime time TV.
B, the problem is, that in order to not have them kick off during prime time you need to control the number of jobs in the SageTV transcoding queue. Once you have more than one job in the SageTV transcoding queue, you have no control over when the second transcoding job will start.

John
Old 11-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

I work around this issue by using nielm's dynamic menu,
and a sysinternals application called pssuspend. The effect is to put the process to sleep when I find that it is impacting my viewing (even at idle priority sigh).

I create a custom menu external program entry, link it to a batch file that does a very simple "IF EXIST" to check for a flag file indicating whether the process is already paused, and then pause or unpause appropriately.

FWIW

Cory
Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
B, the problem is, that in order to not have them kick off during prime time you need to control the number of jobs in the SageTV transcoding queue. Once you have more than one job in the SageTV transcoding queue, you have no control over when the second transcoding job will start.

John
So don't add them to the queue? If I look at the log files for the auto-compress process, it seems like it runs on a 5 min. interval. Can you modify it so it doesn't run unless it is between approved hours? At that point it can add jobs to the queue.

I am sorry I don't understand how the internals work, so please excuse my ignorance.

B
Old 11-22-2007, 04:22 AM
Sage Icon

New version available for download

(1.4.1)
- Added panel to list/modify favorites with Auto Compress configured
- Custom Transcode panel now only shows Custom formats
- Fix Target location not defaulting to default value
- Reworked Options menus so that they will display correctly on an MVP

The panel for list/modify favorites with Auto Compress configured is in Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Auto Compress Options -> More Options
Going into that panel also does an automatic cleanup of orphaned autocompress properties

John
Old 12-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Sage User

I had Originally set up auto compress to use source. But after installing the latest 1.4.1 version I find that I no longer have the option to use inplace. When I click on source I get the screen to chose which directory to place the files in. How do i tell it to use "inplace"

thanks
AMD Athlon FX-60, A8N32-SLI Deluxe, 2 GB DDR400, GeoForce 7800 GT 91.47, Recording Drive SATA II (5 Maxtor @300 gig raid 5), LiteOn DVDRW 16X Dual Layer, 2 Hauppauge PVR 500 Cards, VBOX Cat's Eye USB-A-3560, FW-> SA 3150HD, DirMon2, ShowAnalyzer v.0.8.2
Old 12-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dertb View Post
I had Originally set up auto compress to use source. But after installing the latest 1.4.1 version I find that I no longer have the option to use inplace. When I click on source I get the screen to chose which directory to place the files in. How do i tell it to use "inplace"
It does cycle through the 3 options, but you do need to select a directory on that popup panel in order to move through them. I'll try to do a change so that "Cancel" will just step though to InPlace.

So, the way it works currently. On the directory selection popup panel, select "Select Current" the select the Compression Target Directory again and it will cycle to InPlace.

John
Old 12-15-2007, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

John,

A few minor things and requests.

If I have a favorite setup as INplace and I go to setup and choose edit favorites. If i choose a target Directory. And hit select everything works fine... But if I go to favorite manager and check compressions settings it still says Inplace even though it compresses to the target I had set. I am sure this is just as display problem.

I have a request my memory is not quite as good when I select a target on a favorite. I sometimes forget which favorite I am doing... Is there a way to display that favorite currently being worked on... on the top of the directory selection panel.

I just remembered 1 more thing when you specify a target is there a way you can add Paste from clipboard?

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-15-2007 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks, I'd not noticed that that's broken. I'll have a look at that and the other things.

John
Old 12-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

(1.4.2)
- Add paste button to Specified Compression Target panel.
- Add Favorite name to editing panels
- Fix Compression Target being reset when using the Edit Compression favorites panel

John
Old 12-16-2007, 05:16 PM
SageTVaholic

John,

Thank you works great.

BTW. My favorite option is that you can Use any directory even if not in Sage and Sage still shows it as recordings.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Will this co-exist with the SageMC Version

Can I install this version on the server as a service?, and run Sage MC with autocompress on the clients and extenders?

Or can I enable AutoCompression on the server using this import, and leave it off the clients?
Old 12-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave View Post
Can I install this version on the server as a service?, and run Sage MC with autocompress on the clients and extenders?
No, it only works on a running UI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave View Post
Or can I enable AutoCompression on the server using this import, and leave it off the clients?
No, enabling autocompression is a global setting and if you're using SageMC on your clients then it runs on every instance.

Although this import started out as a direct lift of the SageMC code, it has now diverged somewhat.

John
Old 01-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

(1.4.3)
- Fix incorrectly creating compression jobs during import.
- Changed enabling variable to be different from the one used by SageMC

This import and the inbuilt version in SageMC have now diverged to a point where many of the compression settings are no longer common, creating problems in mixed environments.

John
Old 01-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Here is what I'd like to see. When setting up which channels to autocompress is it possible to add "Select all channels" and "Unselect all channels" options? Maybe even an option to compress individual channel lineups?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristopher View Post
Here is what I'd like to see. When setting up which channels to autocompress is it possible to add "Select all channels" and "Unselect all channels" options? Maybe even an option to compress individual channel lineups?
Just trying to identify the usage for that, or do you just want a default compression?

So, if a show does not have a favorite compression defined and the channel does not have a compression defined then run default compression.

John
Old 01-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Just trying to identify the usage for that, or do you just want a default compression?

So, if a show does not have a favorite compression defined and the channel does not have a compression defined then run default compression.

John
My ideal solution would be to have an option for default "all channel compress" settings which would only be applied if ALL channels were selected to auto-compress. If even one channel was NOT selected, you'd have to manually change each channels compression attributes if you wanted to make a change.

Does that make sense?
Old 01-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Sage User

Don't add compressed recordings to the database

Is there any way to keep the compressed recordings from being added to the database? Or, keep the converted files from showing up in the recorded shows displays.

I want to compress my recordings so I can view them later on my Ipod Touch. I don't really want them to show up in the recordings list when I browse since they are of much lower quality then the original file.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Set it up for the compressed file to go to a folder that Sage doesn't list as an import directory.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Set it up for the compressed file to go to a folder that Sage doesn't list as an import directory.

Gerry
Gerry,

If you are using the default compression even if your target is another folder than your imports the recordings will still show in SageTV.