SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-22-2007, 03:20 AM

SageTV stops recording video after 30 minutes

Hi all. I've been using the trial of SageTV for a few days, and at first it worked great, but now it stops recording video after 30 minutes, but the audio stream continues to record. Has anyone had this problem, or know what may be causing it? Let me know if you have any clues!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Administrator

It might help iof you provide details of your system configuration & what tuner you are using.

Also, try using the software from the tuner's manufacturer to make some recordings to see what happens.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:57 PM

I have a 1.8ghz Core2Duo system, a gig of ram, plenty of HD, running XP Media Center.

The tuner I'm using is a Plextor PX-TV402U...it records perfectly with the software that came with it, WinDVR, but the interface and features of that software are pretty wretched.

After doing some more test recordings, it doesn't do this every single time (maybe every third recording or so), but when it does, it records video and audio correctly until 30:00, then the video freezes on the last frame and the audio continues recording. There doesn't seem to be a pattern among the ones that have the problem (length has been anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours, different channels, different times of day, etc). All my recordings so far have been scheduled time recordings.

Thanks much!
Ryan
Old 01-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Administrator

The last I heard, that was a problem in the Plextor driver. You could ask SageTV tech support if they've heard anything new about it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.