SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-03-2003, 04:11 PM
Sage User

Need info on registration

I have been testing SageTV on my main box and I am now getting ready to build me main HTPC. My trial ends today and I plan to purchase it but I wont get all my parts for the other system till next week. I was wondering if I register it on my main box will I be able to install it on my other system when I build it or will I have to pay another registration fee?

ps Great program I will be subscribing to the guide even thru doesnt support local channels in my area yet. As soon as you do I will be building one for my Mom.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:53 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

You'll be fine installing it on one machine and then transferring it to another. You would only need another copy if you wanted to run two separate systems running SageTV.

Good to hear and you will definitely be informed when we support the entire US.

Dan
Old 04-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Sage User

Thanx for the quick reply. I was planning on only running it on one system. As soon as I set up a Pay pal account I will be ordering.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm just also getting to the point of building the final unit (at last!).
I do have two points though about payment.

1) Do you accept anything else other than Paypal? I don't use Paypal anymore. Go to www.paypalsucks.com for the reasons why. They have several writs against them in several states. Many people have lost thousands from them as they are NOT registered as a banking company and thus, they can take your money away without warning and not give it back (happened to hundreds of people so far). I use www.NoChex.com currently. I think they accept $ payments as well.

2) Is there possibly a discount for us international users who can't use the Sage TV service / EPG section of the program. maybe with the option to upgrade to the full software if an international service to match Sage TV becomes available?
Old 04-04-2003, 09:49 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

I'm open to other payment methods. Paypal works very efficiently for us and interfaces well with our backend systems so that's why we chose it to start with. We will be looking into other alternatives in the coming months. I will take a look at the links you posted for more information.

We've had some people send us a money order so that's an option. Let me know what you think could work from the UK (send me a PM with your email address to take this offline).

We probably won't offer a discount as you described only because you have the option of purchasing SageRecorder instead of SageTV if you can't get the EPG data. I know it's not a full screen interface but the underlying technology is the same on both apps. We'll try to see what we could offer in the future.

Thanks for the input,
Dan