SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:35 AM
SageTVaholic

What I was asking is WHAT is actually different. Saying they don't act the same doesn't really say much. It may very well be that the new versions still have the option of behaving like you want with a simple settings change, or small STV mod in studio.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-18-2009, 04:02 AM
Sage User

When scrolling down in the program guide or scrolling down in any other menu it seems to, flip or jump to the next listed item, that's the best I can describe it. When scrolling down in my old version, on my old computer, it was nice and smooth. If I knew how to correct this by modifying the XML code, or adding an STVi I would.

I guess I should have looked around a little better on the forum though, because now after having my post moved, I've found my answer. Thanks for trying to help, and thank you to whatever moderator moved my post.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:32 AM
SageTVaholic

That just sounds like you don't have animations turned on.. i dunno.. it's always been smooth for me. honestly though, sticking to the old version you are missing a LOT of new features.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Sage User

I know I'm living in the past, perhaps someday I'll upgrade to the latest version, I was thinking about trying SageMC, it looks okay. But for now, I'm going to stick with Version 6.1.8 the version I'm used to. I downloaded and downgraded to that last night, again thanks for the help.

Tags
older version, previous version