SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Sage User

What Directshow filters are used to record HD?

I understand that SageTV allowes a lot of flexability in selecting varoius filters for playback of HD material in the video and audio options as decoder filters and renderers and that this must internally select various Directshow .ax filters for this playback purpose. I currentely use the Nvidia decoder filter for Video and the AC3 decoder filter for audio. I also use the default video renderer which I believe is VMR7 and the direcrshow audio renderer.

Is it possible to change what directshow filters (or the overall directshow graph) that is used for the encoding and recording process -- possibly through changes to a configuration file? Using the RadLight filter manager I see that there a large number (12 in total) of SageTV directshow filters for the encoding process (created by MainConcept).

I understand that SageTV does not do a good job in creating compliant HD mpeg files and I wanted to experiment using different mux , demux and ts filters from both Nvidia and Cyberlink. I can get this stuff to work in Graphedit to create very clean and compliant mpeg files (either TS or PS mpeg) from my OTA HD capture card but I do not know how to apply these complete graphs to the recording process for SageTV. As a worst case would it be possible to reduce the merit of the standard SageTV filters and replace them (or rename them / unregister them) with different ones using the RadLight filter manager

Any help or ideas from the experts out there would be appreciated.

MJS
Old 01-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Not that I know of. SageTV produced HDTV PS MPEG files works fine for me. What kind of problems are you having with them?
Athlon X2 4000 @ 2.5Ghz | Antec Veris Fusion v2 | Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H | A-Data 2GB | Westinghouse LVM-37W1 37" LCD | 500GB Samsung | Hauppauge HVR-1800 | VBox DTA-150 | Logitech Harmony 520 | SageTV 6.2.10
Old 01-15-2007, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

There is no encoding done on digital recordings, Sage simply captures the bistream and writes it to disc. It does a little stream processing too (to strip unwanted subchannels).
Old 01-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Sage User

Program Stream processing

Sage must be doing something -- the native format for HD is TS (transport stream) and Sage will save the files in a PS format -- program stream. It is exactly this process (TS to PS) that I want to experiment with.

Anyone else have an idea about filters on the recording side?

MJS
Old 01-22-2007, 11:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith8228
SAnyone else have an idea about filters on the recording side?
That's not configurable.