SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Sage Expert

Right - I have this working and just made a donation to get the version I can schedule automatically.

I just need financial approval for my 2nd tuner and can add the 2nd lineup. I guess I just add a new lineup in the importer and choose the channels it uses ? I didn't make any changes to Sage to get this working with 1 lineup, when I add a 2nd lineup how do I select it from within Sage's HW setup wizard ?

Cheers

Tim
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 01-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Sage Icon

Hi Tim,
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston
I guess I just add a new lineup in the importer and choose the channels it uses ? I didn't make any changes to Sage to get this working with 1 lineup, when I add a 2nd lineup how do I select it from within Sage's HW setup wizard ?
Yes this is exactly what you have to do:

1 - Create your new lineup in the Importer and choose the channels you want to put on it (If the channels are already on the first lineup, just use the "additional channels" tab to create duplicate of these channels and if you want that SageTV recoginze those channels as the same you duplicated give them the same ID as the original channel)

2 - Run the Importer manually (by clicking on the "Import" button) so as it will create the new lineup (otherwise SageTV will not be able to load it)

3 - Go in the Video Source setup of SageTV to add your new tuner and proceed like you do for your first one. That is when SageTV asks you if you want to use XMLTV data, go for it and you'll be able to choose the new lineup you created in the Importer.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM
Hi Tim,

If the channels are already on the first lineup, just use the "additional channels" tab to create duplicate of these channels and if you want that SageTV recoginze those channels as the same you duplicated give them the same ID as the original channel
Regards,
Stéphane.
This is exactly what I'm going to do as my 2nd tuner will use a subset of the channels on my first one.

Tim
Old 01-16-2007, 03:47 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM

1 - Create your new lineup in the Importer and choose the channels you want to put on it (If the channels are already on the first lineup, just use the "additional channels" tab to create duplicate of these channels and if you want that SageTV recoginze those channels as the same you duplicated give them the same ID as the original channel)
Stephane - I don't completely understand this, I have 1 XMLTV source (default) with 2 lineups. The first lineup (Satellite) has all my working channels. I have added a second lineup (aerial) and it sees the same set of channels as the first. Do I delete those from the 2nd lineup and add the ones I want as 'additional channels' ? The channels on aerial lineup will be the same as some of the satellite ones but the physical channel number will change

EDIT : I just found this thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...nal#post196517 - and think I understand it better, I thought that each lineup had its own channel listing, but its the same isn't it ?

Thanks

Tim

Last edited by brewston; 01-16-2007 at 04:21 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Stephane - I don't completely understand this, I have 1 XMLTV source (default) with 2 lineups. The first lineup (Satellite) has all my working channels. I have added a second lineup (aerial) and it sees the same set of channels as the first. Do I delete those from the 2nd lineup and add the ones I want as 'additional channels' ? The channels on aerial lineup will be the same as some of the satellite ones but the physical channel number will change
You do not need to delete the channels from your first lineup, you just have to create new channels.

Basically in the channels editor, the main channel list is all the channels found in your XMLTV file. In this list you assign the channel to the most populated lineup (just because it make sense : this way you have less channels to duplicate) in your case the satellite lineup. And if you have some channels in this main list that doesn't need to be on the satellite lineup you can put them on the other lineup.

Now as your channels on the aerial lineup are the same as the satellite lineup (a subset) you need to go in the additional channels tab to create duplicate. You need to :

* Type the same ID (XMLTV) as the original channel (that way SageTV will now it should only display the channel once)
* Type the same name and call sign as the original channel
* Type the channel number (the physical that pertains to the aerial)
* Choose your aerial lineup
* Choose "same as" your original channel

Proceed in the same way for other channels to duplicate from the satellite lineup to the aerial.

So in the end you should have one channel mapped to the satellite lineup (in the main channels tab) and the same channel mapped to the aerial lineup (in the additional channels tab). What's confusing you is that there is two lists. Those lists exists because it's more flexible (otherwise I would have to find a way to assign more than one lineup in the main list; it's not that easy and only cover one setup need)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Sage Expert

Yes, I think thats what I have - it became clearer when I read through the main XMLTV importer thread. I've attached a screenshot showing my additional channels

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg channels.jpg (85.4 KB, 196 views)
Old 01-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've attached a screenshot showing my additional channels
It seems Ok.