SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Problem Changing video source configuration

I have been using SageTV for some time now and recently upgraded to version 6. Previously I had Sage configured with two STB connected via s-video to two Hauppauge 250 cards (SA4200’s) both using the same EPG digital lineup. Everything worked fine. I just made a change this weekend to eliminate one of the STB. So currently I am trying to get Sage configured so one video source accesses all channels using the STB and digital EPG and a second video source that accesses just the analog channels 1-99 directly from a cable feed (no STB).However I just cannot get this to work. When I set up the EPG I am using the listing available from Cablevision which has separate listing for digital and basic cable. I assign the digital to the STB and the basic to direct cable feed. The result is that only one source works while the other source just shows static or a very faint image. I have doubled checked both connections and when plugged into a regular TV both provide an excellent picture. If I just configure one source it works fine and does not matter which one is configured. So what am I missing here? Thanks for any suggestions
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Make sure that you are changing the Input Type in your Basic Cable Source to TV Tuner.

-Polen
Old 01-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the reply polen. I did change the input source to TV tuner. As added info when you set up the source SageTV give you a preview window when configuring sources. In the window when first configured lets say I pick "pvr capture II #2 and assign to Svideo I get no video so I back arrow and change to "pvr capture II" then assign svideo and get picture, then finish capture device and then add device which is now "Capture II #2 assigned to TV Tuner at that point I get Static or faint picture. Dont Know if this provides any additional insight. Need help!!!!
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Bump

Really need help in trying to solve this problem. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:53 PM
SageTVaholic

I thnk because you're choosing the same provider digtal and analog still affect the same channels on your box. For the analog try picking a zip and provider close to you with the same stations and see if that makes a difference.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Gerry thanks for taking the time to respond. In frustration I removed a Nvidia Dual TV capture card from a MCE machine that gets less and less use. I installed the Nvidia card in my Sage box and configured the capture devises to one tuner on svideo using the cable box and digital lineup from cablevision and the other tuner using direct cable feed with basic cable lineup from cablevision( exactly the same way I tried to configure the 250’s). Guess what it worked just fine. So I guess my choice now is leave the Nvidia card in the sage box and install the two Hauppauge 250’s in the MCE machine or continue to find out why the two 250’ are having a problem in the Sage box. . I think for the time being I’ll just give it a rest. Regards,

p.s. Been using SageTV since JAN of 04 and never had a problem that was not solved ( with help from the forum) until now.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Well I took a stab at it. Actually I have 2 nVidia DualTV tuners in my box that replaced 2 PVR 500s and those replaced couple of PVR250. In my opinion and some others you're going to get a better looking picture with the nVidia tuner anyways so there is some benefit that this happened. But frustraing none the less for you.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.