SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-01-2007, 10:45 PM

Old Direct TV box controller problems solved?

Were the problems that V5 had with controlling the old direct TV boxes solved in V6? I just want to know before I start installing. Thanks
Old 01-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

uh, V5 had problems? Although I didnt use it long, The 15 day trial of sage I did was with V5 and 2 D10-100 units, and the control of these boxes worked great.

Now that I use the final release of 6, It still works perfectly.

Oh yeah, I should mention though, I use the serial control, I have no clue about the IR control, maybe thats what your refering to?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:46 AM

The serial.dll file that came with V5 could not change the channels via the serial connection on some of the older DirectTV boxes. The work around was to install use the serial.dll from V4. Was this fixed in V6?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profcrab
The serial.dll file that came with V5 could not change the channels via the serial connection on some of the older DirectTV boxes. The work around was to install use the serial.dll from V4. Was this fixed in V6?

I still use the old one serial.dll, stick with what works right? IF you have one that works I would use it.

With the newer ones I got the DTV menu/guide rather than a channel change for some channels.

Last edited by camus; 01-04-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:54 AM

Yea, I guess I can. I was hoping someone could tell me if this was fixed in SageTV 6 though. It was V5 that it where the serial.dll was changed.