SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-30-2006, 03:09 AM
Sage User

PVR 150 PAL\NTSC problem

Hello,
I'm having a very strange problem which I will try to explain
I have one PVR 150 card (pal version, I think)
when I first install it one year ago, it works great! the picture was sharp and everything was ok
few months ago, suddenly the picture become black and white with strange lines (I attached pictures).
I thought that something wrong with the card and replace it, but the problem doesn't solved.
Only in the last few days after I gave the card to my friend to check it and he said the card is working great, I had the time to find what is the problem
After a research I found that when I connect any resource to the composite signal with PAL Video the video is bad, but when I changed it into NTSC the picture is good.
It seems very strange because:
1. the card need to be PAL edition
2. it works great until now (before few months ago)

I have no idea what has been changed during this time, I'm sure I update the sage version from 4 to 6 version, all the other hardware include the cablebox is the same
I tried to change in sage TV setup from PAL to NTSC but no change
I tried to update PVR 150 card to last drivers - no change

please tell me you have some idea what could be worng

thank you in advance
Dror.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:54 AM
Sage Icon

It's not clear, but are you saying that ONLY the signal from the PVR150 composite input comes in as black and white or are the channels on the tuner black and white also.

Could it be that the device you are trying to connect to the PVR150 is somehow "changed" and is outputing "bad" signal?

I would check your Windows regional settings and country selection to make sure that your Windows installation is not US or other NTSC country.