SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:28 PM

UIRT STB Control help. STV sending too many digits

I received my UIRT a couple of days ago. It seems that I've got things more or less working but at present I'm stuck.

I've generated a custom .ir file using IrnHelper and the remote control of my stb. I've tested each digit after zapping IrnHelper, each digit works fine and changes the Numbers accordingly on my stb.

Now my problem.

My stb doesn't need 3 digits for a channels change (i.e. channel 1 is button 1 on the remote, channel 65 is button 6 and button 5). Thus I've set the Digits per channel to 0 in the remote option in SageTV, as per SageTV manual.

When trying to change the channels using SageTV it seems that SagetV sends the first digit of each channel multiple times (3 or more times, changing to channel 65 for example will be registered as channel 666 on my stb, channel 1 will be 111 and channel 100 will be 111).

Where can I look to fix this? At this point I'm trying different delay times but with no luck.

I'm convinced it must be a setting in SageTV somewhere - because sending channel 5 from the IrnHelper changes my stb to channel 5 correctly (unfortunately I cannot test mulitple digit channels with IrnHelper but 0 through to 9 works fine as well as Enter Exit and Guide).

Please help - this is the last thing I need to sort out before I can start using SageTV the way I intended when I started out with this little project and I'm getting frustrated - As a South African (SA satellite TV EPG etc is not an easy task to get around) setting up SageTV to work properly is a fairly daunting task and I'm getting frustrated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Cheers Wilmich

Got it sorted Yay! I had to bring the repeatcoun down to 4 in the .ir-file. Just in time too - wife gave me scowl as it is 01:30 am here right now. Cant wait to crank this Sage puppy up tomorrow morning - dont think I'm going to sleep much

Last edited by Wilmich; 12-28-2006 at 05:33 PM.