SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-21-2006, 05:52 PM

SageTV client - video playback problem

Hi

I have downloaded Sage TV a few days ago and today the client to thest this product. I have evaluated MS MCE, MediaPortal and looked at Linux variations too.

Currently I have spend most of my time with Sage not getting to the consolution that this particular product is useless to my needs - like the aforementioned products are. I'm looking for a Client Server approach - and needles to say none of the aforemntioned products are capable of this.

Then I found Sage, from beeing skeptical about the foundation i Java im very positive to the product, although the GUI needs some modding - this product looks very good.

The only thing left before iIdecide to spend money on the licence is to get my client up and running.

I have it running on my IBM T43 labtop for testpurpose ( but would like to be able to run the client on this one also - to be able to look at 6 o'clock news etc - while working on my computer.)

But any mediafile playback .wmv .ifo/.vob etc fails with an errormessage - Sage.PLaybackException (-4,0x80040218)

Mediaplayback on Sage server works fine for the same files.

I have tried to play with the mediafile playback settings, changing from default, overlay etc. with no success.

Any help would be much appreciated.

- so I can pickup my haupauge PVR-500 tomorom and install a server and play with it during christmas to evaluate to see if it is usefull. The kids think this is cool - at least what they have seen until now, but wife is a bit skeptical - a PC under my TV - how much power does this thing consume ? But I bet se will like the EPG and the recording stuff for series!

BTW. The median recoding option for PSP, iPOD is interesting, but how do one add a mediafile to the shedule for recoding ?(have not searhed the forum for this though - so pls. forgive me if im asking something that has been answered before)
Old 12-22-2006, 03:55 PM

Hi, I searched the forum for varius keywords.

I have two types of media files. DVD rip with VOB and plain mpeg2 files, and it seems like the DVD's do not play on the client because i need to mount the mediafile location with an UNC path. I'll give it a try with this and see if it helps on the DVD files.

I give it at try later.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonBlac
how do one add a mediafile to the shedule for recoding ?
When you select a recording or video, you'll see the pop-up video options menu -- set it to use Advanced mode and there will be a "Convert" button on the right hand side if SageTV can convert the video to another format.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.