SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Sage User

SageTv 6 Removal Messed up MCE 2005

So I tried SageTV6 on my MCE 2005 computer looking to replace it. I downloaded the 15 day trial and found a bug...

Recording TV series wouldn't stay set...for example, I wanted to record all first runs of a show...but the setting wouldn't stick. I really liked SageTV and the way that you hit a record button and the record picks up NOT WHEN YOU HIT THE button...but when you started watching the program. MCE 2005 doesn't do that. So I was really looking forward to SageTV 6...but not being able to record TV series stuffs required me to immediately uninstall it (I had series coming up I wanted to record).

The problem I'm facing now is that I cannot watch live TV with MCE after uninstalling SageTV 6...the video is digitized (as is the sound). I didn't expect this...and I was wondering if anyone else has found this to be a problem...and if so if there is a fix for it. Afterall, we'd want Sage to not have an impact when uninstalling right? Clean installs are happy ones.

Can anyone provide info on this or give me a place to look for a solution?
Old 12-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnet
Recording TV series wouldn't stay set...for example, I wanted to record all first runs of a show...but the setting wouldn't stick. I really liked SageTV and the way that you hit a record button and the record picks up NOT WHEN YOU HIT THE button...but when you started watching the program. MCE 2005 doesn't do that. So I was really looking forward to SageTV 6...but not being able to record TV series stuffs required me to immediately uninstall it (I had series coming up I wanted to record).
Did you set up a Favorite? That's how SageTV records entire series.

If you mean that you set up a Favorite, but couldn't change it to record First Runs only, then that usually means that you already had a Favorite configured that way. You can't have 2 Favorites configured the same way, so when you try to set the 2nd one the same way as the first one, the duplicate setting won't stick.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Sage User

I was setting up to record first runs on channel 12, and re-runs on channel 33 of the same show.

It wouldn't allow me to save first runs. I setup the re-runs on channel 33 first.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnet
I was setting up to record first runs on channel 12, and re-runs on channel 33 of the same show.

It wouldn't allow me to save first runs. I setup the re-runs on channel 33 first.
I just did that with 2 new Favs -- set one to record reruns on one channel, then added another to record first runs of the same show on a different channel. I tried other variations, including first runs on 2 different channels w/o a problem.

If you can reproduce the problem as you described it, SageTV would be interested in hearing about it with the logs. Otherwise, I would still suggest that you check to see if another fav was already set up the same way as the new first run fav you were trying to add. Unless there is a bug that needs to be fixed, that is the only way I know of to run into what you described.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.