SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Sage User

Anyone get Vbox 164e working?

Got home yesterday and installed Vbox's new dual tuner in my vacant PCI-e slot only to find that I couldn't get it to work. Windows recognizes it correctly, and it shows up as an available tuner (two actually) in Sage setup, but I can't get any signal from it. Not only that, but with the 164e installed, my Vbox 150 no longer gets any signal. Disableing the 150 does not help, but disabling the 164e allows me to get a siganl on the 150 again.

Has anyone gotten this card to work?

I'm running the new RC1 beta.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just got my 164e today, and installed it in Sage with no problem. I have not yet tried receiving a signal on it since I don't have an antenna currently. I'll give it a try with analog and see if I can get anything.

Carl
Old 12-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can't get anything off my analog cable connection. I'll do more testing at home this weekend with my antenna.

I even bit the bullet and messed around in Media Center, but received a "device in use" error when trying to view anything on the 164e with it configured for analog cable.

If anyone gets this card working, please post and let us know!

Carl
Old 01-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Sage User

Anyone Get this card working in Sage yet?

Gotten basically no response here. I can't be the only one tho have bought one of these cards. Anyone have any luck with it?
Old 01-07-2007, 06:51 AM
SageTVaholic

You're probably going to find out it is driver issues. The driver probably doesn't support more than one card. Unless yours is a IRQ conflict and you'll physically have to remove the 150 to get the 164 working. And for clmonar MCE is probably just trying to use the device as HD and is locked on that when trying to access the analog portion of the card. You're probably going to have to wait for better drivers.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Sage User

Working finally, (sort of)

After playing with it for many hours and finally uninstalling the 150, I was able to get this card working. Unfortunatly the tuner is much weaker than the 150, which tuned most stations at or near 100%. The 164e has most stations closer to 65-75% which is not even enough to lock them in. In the end I wound up pulling it out entirely and putting back the 150.

Color me underwhelmed.

Anyone have better luck?
Old 02-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Sage User

I've got the 164e and it works fine in Sage as a single ATSC tuner. However, when I enable the second ATSC tuner on the card (Sage lists the card as two devices - Capture 1 and Capture 2) and try to record from both tuners, I get a "Capture Error in playback." It lists the ERROR as (-4,0x800700aa). If I enable only one of the tuners, doesn't manner which one, it works fine.

I am running XP MCE with the ehome services disabled. I also have a HVR-1600 and Avermedia A180 but it doesn't matter whether either of these are enabled in Sage - I get the same error. I have tried all the driver versions from Vbox's site - 273 is the latest - and the behavior is the same.

Any advice how to resolve? Does anyone have both tuners working for ATSC?

Dave
Old 02-09-2007, 08:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg
I've got the 164e and it works fine in Sage as a single ATSC tuner. However, when I enable the second ATSC tuner on the card (Sage lists the card as two devices - Capture 1 and Capture 2) and try to record from both tuners, I get a "Capture Error in playback." It lists the ERROR as (-4,0x800700aa). If I enable only one of the tuners, doesn't manner which one, it works fine.

I am running XP MCE with the ehome services disabled. I also have a HVR-1600 and Avermedia A180 but it doesn't matter whether either of these are enabled in Sage - I get the same error. I have tried all the driver versions from Vbox's site - 273 is the latest - and the behavior is the same.

Any advice how to resolve? Does anyone have both tuners working for ATSC?

Dave
Do both tuners work in other PVR programs? I don't believe this card is yet supported by Sage. If the issue is with other programs it's probably a driver issue. If it is just Sage then Sage will need to work on supporting it if they head in that direction. But there is always the possibility that the card is so new that none of the programs support both tuners yet.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the response Gerry.

I had avoided setting up MCE on this pc but I went ahead and did it to test the 164e. Both tuners do work in MCE so it must be an issue with Sage support of this card. I've submitted a support request detailing the problem.

Dave
Old 02-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

Does this card support AC3? I found out that the Avermedia A180 doesn't and I'm kind of bummed about it.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
Does this card support AC3? I found out that the Avermedia A180 doesn't and I'm kind of bummed about it.
Not sure where you found that, but I've been using my A180 for a couple years with AC3 and had no problems. I use SPDIF pass through right to my receiver.