SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

WINAMP Plugin Bug

TV 6.0.16
MC 6.3.0

I have just noticed an issue playing some albums with foreign characters in the names of tracks or artists. If you try an plays these it loops around each track without playing them, eating all CPU time.

I can't play any Bjork album, since there is a special "o" character with dots above it. I also can't play Bryan Ferry's Bete Noir, since the "e" has an angle over it.

I guess the issue is that it is not passing the filename to winamp correctly.

When ripped these mp3's will be in a folder with the special characters in the folder name too.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is a known issue. I'm sorry, but the problem is basically not fixable. It is possible to send files to Winamp using Unicode, but it makes Winamp unstable (ie: it will cash pretty quickly after you do). Until a version of Winamp is released that properly supports these files (through the messaging interface) I suspect that this will remain a problem. In terms of what you can do about it, theres isn't much to be done except remove the unacceptable characters from the filename. You can leave them in the tagging, though, so when the files are displayed in SageTV they'll still look right.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Has anyone checked to see if the newest versions of Winamp that are now out have fixed this? It would be nice not to have to rename all the files.