SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Request: Inline commercial skip editing?

I have always wondered why we don't have inline commercial skip editing while watching recorded programs. For instance, while watching a show allow for adding the current frame number to the comskip text file either as the beginning of commercial or end of commercial marker. Or even moving around markers that already exist to the current frame.

My comskip constantly misplaces the commercial markers and I lose 5-10 seconds of a show due to wrong detection. Being able to fix this while watching the program would make it a very convenient way to fix the mistakes that comskip makes.

Would this be too difficult to implement in an import? I use SageMC, so really this is a request to Flachbar.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ever though about asking help to solve this consistent Comskip error?
Here is howto
http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/viewtopic.php?t=34
Old 12-12-2006, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

In the works. Will have something soon. Just working out way to replace a file after calling VideoReDo to edit file. Expect something in a couple of weeks.

One thing to note it does not work from within the mediaplayer screen there are just too many plugins that affect that screen that I just can't take into account. I have implemented it in a new screen that behaves similar to the regular media player screen just with fewer resources (I.E. not all the buttons of the media player screen are implemented - but all the ones I consider major are so don't worry about not being able to fast forward for instance.). In that screen you can load your video change the edit points and either immediately send it to VideoReDo to cut out the coms or add it to a queue for later processing. Also this is definately in the alpha stages so it may change quite abit after I get suggestions for improvements.

BobP.

Edit: here are some preview graphics of a couple of the screens
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WindowedMode.jpg (71.1 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg FullScreenMode.jpg (44.2 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg CustomizeSkipTimes.jpg (84.5 KB, 295 views)

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 12-12-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wooo

Looking good Bob.

Mick.