SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Sage User

DVD playback and resuming where stopped

Just installed 6.0.16. Everything working well so far, no major issues.

The only thing missing here for me is the ability to stop a DVD that I am watching via Sage and to resume running it from where I left off. I've been waiting for this feature since version 2. Everytime I stop a DVD in the middle, and go back to watch the next day, I have to FF to the position I left off.

I've searched the forums high and low and cannot find a simple solution to this. Is this a feature that will be added to 6? If not, what is the best workaround. Will I have to use a 3rd party DVD player?

I've noticed a couple of stvi's that may offer a stop-gap solution but nothing that directly does this, at least for version 6. I would rather stay with the default sage stv if possible. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Sage Icon

This feature is available in V6. It works very well for me.

Is it a fresh install of V6 or did you upgrade it over your existing install?

It it is an upgrade, make sure you are using the latest version of the SageTV3.xml STV. You are probably using an older version that doesn't have this functionality built-in.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Sage User

I checked and it is using the latest SageTV3.xml but still not resuming DVD. This was and upgrade from 5.04.

I wonder if having 2 CD drives in the system is confusing it? Is there a parameter in the sage.properties maybe to point it to the correct drive that has to be set up......
Old 12-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Administrator

The feature to resume or restart a DVD is for ripoped DVDs imported into the library. DVD discs are not part of the library, so it doesn't track watched data for them.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.