SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Sage User

Google video problems

When I try and play google videos they play for a couple of seconds and then stop. I have 3000kbs DSL, so I don't think bandwidth is the problem. Does anyone else have this problem?

Athlon64 3500+ Venice w/ Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
ASUS a8n5x
XP SP2
eVGA 7600GT CO w/ Zalman VF700-Cu
2 x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC4000 RAM
2 x 250GB Maxtor HDDs
DVICO Fusion5 Gold PCI
VBOX Cats Eye USB HD tuner
Samsung 46" DLP (using DVI connection)
Sage V6.0 Beta
Girder 3.4
Old 12-09-2006, 02:37 AM
Sage User

I am getting the exact same behaviour. 4-5 seconds and then the video stops. Using overlay, because with VMR9 things are even worse...

I tried using VMR9 which worked great in V5, but after trying to view google videos (and getting a black screen with audio) the menus are all messed up (when moving the highlight from one item to the other it stays on both on old and new selection.

running xp/directx9.0c/newest nvidia

besides I get the foreign video titles as discussed in other threads - on the default STV.

sure hope these things get fixed before the GA!

Arielshu
Old 12-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Same problem here. In .15, Google Video worked for me, but since upgrading to RC1, I get about the first 4 seconds of a video before the picture goes away (audio remains). The video lingers for another second or two in the area (previously) occupied by the OSD.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

My Google Video doesn't play at all. The video list downloads, but the GOOGLE?????.FLV files are getting aborted before they download. I think this may be a disk space problem. Is there a way to configure which drive/directory these files are saved to?
Old 12-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Administrator

They are downloaded to a windows temp directory, so if there are space problems, you probably have space problems on your OS drive.

I suggest using the debug log to see what the problem is -- submit it to SageTV if you need it 'translated'.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
They are downloaded to a windows temp directory, so if there are space problems, you probably have space problems on your OS drive.

I suggest using the debug log to see what the problem is -- submit it to SageTV if you need it 'translated'.

- Andy
Windows temp directories are for small stuff.

The drive has about 2.46 gigs free on it, which would be perfectly adequate if the software didn't make decisions like that for me. I'll just have to change %TEMP% to some place with more space.

The log entry of Google dying looks like:
Sun 12/17 19:10:19.932 ERROR with file download of:java.net.SocketException: No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): recv failed
Attached Files
File Type: txt 111.txt (1.4 KB, 229 views)
Old 12-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

It isn't a drive space issue after all. I changed %TMP% (Not %TEMP%) to a directory on the drive where I save SageTV videos. The drive has over 50 gigs free, and Google is still dying the same way.

I do get the preview pictures, etc. I'm on a Roadrunner connection, so speed shouldn't be a problem.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Administrator

What I should have suggested above was to submit the log with a bug report for more info about it.

I thought I had heard of a problem like that before, but I don't remember it... you aren't using service mode & it's user doesn't have permission to write to that location, are you? (Just a wild guess that may mean nothing.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I thought I had heard of a problem like that before, but I don't remember it...
Might have been me, I was getting the thumbnail and the video would start downloading, then would error out saying that the file wasn't present in TMP. It was actually my Netgear firewall/router blocking the downloads. Fixed after removing certain restrictions from the router...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 12-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Sage User

I am still having the same problem. I gave up a few weeks ago trying to get it to work. My assumption was that the video file was not caching fast enough before the player caught up with it, and having no more file to play, assumes the file is finished. That was just my guess and I didn't really dive into it.

I'd love to hear if someone gets this resolved.
Yamaha HTR-5920 | Energy Take 5.1 | Samsung LN32D450 via HDMI | Winegard Square Shooter
Old 12-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Sage

I had this happen to me over the weekend (temporary file not there on disk for playback or something like that) and delved into it further of course. For the case I found, the video itself wasn't being served up by Google anymore. If you tried to view it on their site it gave you an error page saying it wasn't there anymore; but it was still in the RSS feed which is why it showed up in SageTV. We do need to change the error message in that case to indicate it's a downloading problem and not a playback problem (no need to file a bug report...I already filed my own).
Old 12-20-2006, 03:28 AM
Sage Icon

I have this problem also, most of the times it played a min or two into the video and then stops. But checking the Google Video site, the same videos played fine in the web browser, no stops. This happen to almost every long video in Google videos, and affects both the SageTV client and MVP.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have this problem also.

It plays a few secs, the bar "catches up very fast" - incorrect time display, and the movie endsd in 10 secs, and I do not believe it had time to download it fully.
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 12-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a similar issue also. All of my google videos end like 1 second early. And then when I navigate away from the google video menu in Sage, the last 1 second of audio plays. Otherwise, the entire video plays with no problem.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Has anyone else seen the JAVA error message I get? I get this on 100% of the videos I try to view.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Oddly enough, I've been able to get the Google videos to occasionally play for a few seconds after running TCPOptimizer on this system. I was hoping the problem was caused by the value in TCPWindowSize, but that's apparently not the case. The videos also still play fine in a web browser.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction
Oddly enough, I've been able to get the Google videos to occasionally play for a few seconds after running TCPOptimizer on this system. I was hoping the problem was caused by the value in TCPWindowSize, but that's apparently not the case. The videos also still play fine in a web browser.
In Sage they are NOT being streamed. They are actually downloaded to the PC and played. TCP settings shouldn't really affect it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
In Sage they are NOT being streamed. They are actually downloaded to the PC and played. TCP settings shouldn't really affect it.

Gerry
Must be a bug in my installation of Java. I can't think of anything except TCP that would cause Java to throw a SocketException.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

It's a video card problem.

I got this working this week. It was the oddest thing. My white-box ATI Radeon 9600 128 began producing artifacts. I was able to eliminate the artifacts by downclocking the card. This means it's junk. I believe the passive heat sink wasn't good enough to keep it cool without a slot cooler next to it.

So, I go to Newegg and order a Powercolor Radeon 7000 with 64 meg on it. This is a cheaper card than the one that fried. I also ordered a slot cooler this time.

Surprise! Google video works fine.

On the minus side, I now have vertical striations in my transparent progress bars and menus. For some odd reason I need to have overlay color keying enabled to see Google Videos...otherwise they are just black. Still a nice surprise.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Sage User

Google video stops

I have this problem also. Did not have the problem when I first loaded v 6.19 but with v 6.1.3 it plays til it catches up to the download then stops, then plays til it cathes up again. If I Pause the video for awhile it will play without interuption. As I've said, it didn't do this with the first releases of 6