SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp
Should I swap back to the previous version of the .dll, record the details of the error and report it as a bug against 6.16, or is this now a known quantity that will not come back again? I'd hate to get to a full release and find that I cannot use my second tuner.

Mick.
It's a known problem, the fix goes into next release.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

When using dynamic streaming with Placeshifter, It starts to stutter after a while (~5-10 minutes), it gets to the point of being unwatchable. The statistic bar shows some very high numbers, like over 2,000 kbps, as if there's no transcoding being done.

The upload rate for my cable internet is 768k. When I manually set the encoding rate to 600 kbps, it works just fine. I have tried it on 2 different computers at work and saw the same results.

I saw something like that with .15 beta also, but it came and went so fast that I didn't get to use Placeshifter with it much. I didn't see this issue with .14 beta.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Thats impressive, it only came out 36hrs ago
It was released on the 6th, and I posted it on the 8th, so yes, technically I should've said a couple of days.
Quote:
It was, even in v2 -- if you had selected slideshow (up/down keys) instead of a single image.
obviously I'm not talking about slide show mode as Opus4 clarified.
Quote:
It has also been like that in v6 for a whileyou know where it says 'Press Enter for menu' (you can also click), that menu has a 'Hide Tip' checkbox
not sure how I missed that, just noticed it now. thanks.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdude90210
When using dynamic streaming with Placeshifter, It starts to stutter after a while (~5-10 minutes), it gets to the point of being unwatchable. The statistic bar shows some very high numbers, like over 2,000 kbps, as if there's no transcoding being done.

The upload rate for my cable internet is 768k. When I manually set the encoding rate to 600 kbps, it works just fine. I have tried it on 2 different computers at work and saw the same results.

I saw something like that with .15 beta also, but it came and went so fast that I didn't get to use Placeshifter with it much. I didn't see this issue with .14 beta.
I have the exact same issue. Also saw the problem in 6.0.15. Opened a bug on it yesterday, but haven't heard back yet. Also opened a thread here, if you want to chime in: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21876.

Glad to hear that I am not alone!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdude90210

I too am having the exact same problem. It seems like placeshifter chooses the wrong bitrates, but when I set one, it works fine. Works perfectly with version 5.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Sage Expert

Google videos saved into playlist?

Does anyone know if there is a way to save Google video bookmarks to a playlist? I find lots of great clips with the search function and would like to be able to save the bookmarks to a playlist. I don't mean save the actual video, just save a bookmark to the clip. It would be really great to be able to add them to video playlists.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
Does anyone know if there is a way to save Google video bookmarks to a playlist? I find lots of great clips with the search function and would like to be able to save the bookmarks to a playlist. I don't mean save the actual video, just save a bookmark to the clip. It would be really great to be able to add them to video playlists.
i second that. was going to ask for it myself. a "Bookmarked Videos" folder would be very useful.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

MVP Blocky

Any one else having problems with the MVP I upgraded yesterday afternoon to 6.16 form 6.15. Last night my wife went to watch Nip Tuck and we started to get green flashes and blocky display. I rebooted both and same problem. Rolled back to 6.15 everything is fine. I'm just checking to see if I'm the only one with this happening to before I file a bug report. I thought it could also be a bad upgrade.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechling-burgh
Any one else having problems with the MVP I upgraded yesterday afternoon to 6.16 form 6.15. Last night my wife went to watch Nip Tuck and we started to get green flashes and blocky display. I rebooted both and same problem. Rolled back to 6.15 everything is fine. I'm just checking to see if I'm the only one with this happening to before I file a bug report. I thought it could also be a bad upgrade.
Have you tried playing the file on the server via windvd or powerdvd?

This way you can verify whether its a record or playback problem...
Old 12-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker
Have you tried playing the file on the server via windvd or powerdvd?

This way you can verify whether its a record or playback problem...
It plays fine 6.15 and not 6.16 so I would say it is not a problem with the recording. I also checked to make sure if for some strange reason that it was trans coding I know it did that once before for no reason. I'm still leaning towards bad upgrade but I don't know why it would. I know in the early 6. betas I was getting micro studders but that went away in the later betas.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst
I wonder whether anyone else is having problems with firewire recordings?

I have two problems, which I suspect are related:

For the most part, no firewire recordings can be thumbnailed.

But much more importantly, there are problems with playback. Most SDTV recordings, and some HDTV recordings, won't play back at all. Sage either hangs, quits, or returns to the home menu.

Does anybody else see this? I'm seeing it on two machines, both of which normally run Nvidia video decoder and Intervideo audio decoder, but I did play with some other audio decoders with no success.
I worked around this by unregistering tssplitter.ax from sagetv\common, so that the Nvidia Transport Demux kicks in instead. All my firewire recordings play back now.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Sage Expert

Does anyone know what transcode settings are used by SageTV when transcoding a DVD on the hard drive to the media extender? In ver 5.x I had the transcode settings setup to play PAL vob files on my NTSC media extender. Now with ver 6, I can still play the vob files via browsing for media just fine. However, when I play it as a DVD i get a blank screen. The thing that confuses me is that I have vob and DVD both set to the same thing in sage.properties:

media_server/transcode_quality/DVD=-f dvd -b 4000 -s 720x480 -acodec mp2 -r 29.97 -ab 128 -ar 48000 -ac 2

media_server/transcode_quality/DVDVOB=-f dvd -b 4000 -s 720x480 -acodec mp2 -r 29.97 -ab 128 -ar 48000 -ac 2

...and in the client:

miniclient/transcode_mode=DVD
miniclient/transcode_mode_vob=DVD

... so why does the DVD not work but the vob work fine?

PART 2: I also just tried importing a .nsv (winamp) file. It plays fine in winamp and VLC, and the video is fine in sageTV. However, the audio sounds like it is r-e-a-l-l-y l-o-w and s-l-o-w. Do I need a custom transcode setting for nsv?

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
So we have:

1. No audio bug (SageTV).
2. Crashing/Not able to play video bug (nVidia).

Correct?

If I only exhibit problem 1, then the problem should be fixed in .16, and shouldn't matter if I have nVidia decoders installed, right? I've never had a problem with crashing, at least, very rarely...

Thanks!
Qian.

Well, interesting. I just installed .16 tonight, and the audio on CW appears to be working, at least, from the one HD recording I did tonight (Everyone Hates Chris).

I also recorded a second HD show at the same time, verifying that Sage sees both tuners.

Call me happy!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

No real problems yet

I just wanted to say that yesterday I decided to give version 6 a try. Loaded .16 after backing up everything. So far no real problems to report. Occaisionally I will get the spinning Sage icon for a few seconds, but I can't even reproduce that. As such I have decided to leave .16 running.

I did submit one bug report. I noticed that the slide show screen saver always puts the picture in the middle of the screen. That technically means it is not a "screen saver".

Overall, I like the new features.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo
I noticed that the slide show screen saver always puts the picture in the middle of the screen.
It is simply playing a slideshow of all the images. In the Photo browser, the slideshow options include an option to enlarge pictures to fill the screen.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
It is simply playing a slideshow of all the images. In the Photo browser, the slideshow options include an option to enlarge pictures to fill the screen.

- Andy

I figured it was just playing the slide show. But it doesn't fill the screen with the option turned on; the picture fills the screen top to bottom, but not side to side. There are black bars on both sides.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, but setting the aspect ration to full and having the pictures try and fill your 16x9 screen makes them look all wonky... everyone is short and fat (shorter and fatter than normal that is). It'd be better if the slide show had the option to move the pictures around, left to right at least so you don't have black bars on the edges of your plasma all the time. Kinda like the Mac screen saver does but without the weird "zoom fly" effect they use.

just a thought...
Basement: HD Extender connected to Dell projector.
Back room: MVP 1000 hooked to 21" CRT TV.
Bedroom: MVP 1000 hooked to 27" CRT TV.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindborg
...It'd be better if the slide show had the option to move the pictures around, left to right at least so you don't have black bars on the edges of your plasma all the time. Kinda like the Mac screen saver does but without the weird "zoom fly" effect they use.
This is really what I was hoping for.

Wayne
Old 12-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo
This is really what I was hoping for.

Wayne
Is there a standalone USB style Placeshifter 6.0.16 that doesn't need to be installed to be run?

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Or better yet like Picasa's photo screensaver. I don't like my pictures flying around....Maybe some cool Ken Burns effects.