SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Is this supposed to fix the problem with no audio on certain HD channels(CW), when using the nVidia decoders?
we have a fix for "no audio on certain channels" in RC, but for nVidia decoder bug that doesn't play or crashes.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Last word I had was that they are still working on it, and it was coming. From what I was told its their demux filter that they are still working on to properly handle the files.
not in this RC, in 6.1.xx later.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey
we have a fix for "no audio on certain channels" in RC, but for nVidia decoder bug that doesn't play or crashes.
Did I understand this right? So the audio problem, the one I was having, that you said was related to the nvidia decoders, is or is not fixed (no sound on certain channels)? It just sounds like you were talking about two different problems, one being no sound, the other being a complete crash, or not being able to play a video.

I was going to install it tonight...
Old 12-07-2006, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
not in this RC, in 6.1.xx later.
Are you saying that the demux filter that is in 6.0 is going to get out of beta in its current condition? You can't be serious.

Half of my recordings can't be played back on any machine. A different half can't be played back on one of my machines. End result:

Client #1: can watch 1/2 of my recordings
Client #2: can watch about 1/4 of my recordings.

I hope I'm misunderstanding you, and that the demux filter is not locked down for v6.0 yet, because it is definitely not as good as it was in v5 right now for regular old PC-based playback. Honestly, I'm rubbed the wrong way reading that known issues with Razr will be fixed in the next release when PC-based playback has taken such steps backward, and nothing is mentioned about it in the notes.

EDIT: I found I hadn't updated one of the clients. The actual numbers for 6.0.16 are
Client #1: can watch about 1/2 of my recordings
Client #2: can watch about 1/2 of my recordings

Last edited by salsbst; 12-07-2006 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Did I understand this right? So the audio problem, the one I was having, that you said was related to the nvidia decoders, is or is not fixed (no sound on certain channels)? It just sounds like you were talking about two different problems, one being no sound, the other being a complete crash, or not being able to play a video.

I was going to install it tonight...
two bugs here, Sage's bug and nVidia's bug. if you AC3 filter, evrything should be fine.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst
I wonder whether anyone else is having problems with firewire recordings?

I have two problems, which I suspect are related:

For the most part, no firewire recordings can be thumbnailed.

But much more importantly, there are problems with playback. Most SDTV recordings, and some HDTV recordings, won't play back at all. Sage either hangs, quits, or returns to the home menu.

Does anybody else see this? I'm seeing it on two machines, both of which normally run Nvidia video decoder and Intervideo audio decoder, but I did play with some other audio decoders with no success.
I have problems over firewire on HD recordings only. sometimes there appears to be a data drop in the transmission. I get crazy garbledigook for a second with lots of pixelation and then its fine. Also, sage sometimes freezes when hitting the custom 4 command to skip back a segment on HD material.

Also also, sage sometimes will start the show over again instead of advancing to the next commercial break. Any attempt to skip forward will restart the program. This may not be related to firewire recordings only. I've seen it a number of times. Really frustrating because you have to watch at 1x. Just sit there and watch like it was the twentieth century or something.

I have not installed 6.0.16 yet so I can't say if these problems will continue
Old 12-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Added property: disable_fse_on_focus_lost which if set to true will cause FSE to not be exited when the focus is lost
Seems counterintuitive to me...
The release notes had this backwards by accident. I edited the notes to say that FSE will not be exited if the property is set to false.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
two bugs here, Sage's bug and nVidia's bug. if you AC3 filter, evrything should be fine.
So we have:

1. No audio bug (SageTV).
2. Crashing/Not able to play video bug (nVidia).

Correct?

If I only exhibit problem 1, then the problem should be fixed in .16, and shouldn't matter if I have nVidia decoders installed, right? I've never had a problem with crashing, at least, very rarely...

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Are you saying that the demux filter that is in 6.0 is going to get out of beta in its current condition? You can't be serious.

Half of my recordings can't be played back on any machine. A different half can't be played back on one of my machines. End result:

Client #1: can watch 1/2 of my recordings
Client #2: can watch about 1/4 of my recordings.

I hope I'm misunderstanding you, and that the demux filter is not locked down for v6.0 yet, because it is definitely not as good as it was in v5 right now for regular old PC-based playback. Honestly, I'm rubbed the wrong way reading that known issues with Razr will be fixed in the next release when PC-based playback has taken such steps backward, and nothing is mentioned about it in the notes.
What wont be done in the Sage demux by 6.0 release is just the handling of H.264 in MPEG-2 TS containers. At least that is what I was told. Right now it can handle the audio side of the stream, but the video side gets all funky!

I dont know if there are other parts of the Sage demux that arent complete yet, but I was told that H.264 is definitely a priority, but it looks like the timing to get 6.0 released is going to come much sooner then the ability to play H.264 in TS containers. I dont have a big problem with that, since it really is a small subset of customers that this affects (R5000/Dish customers, and I think European DVB-S customers). At least I would think thats a small subset of Sage users.

Last edited by Kirby; 12-07-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
I dont have a big problem with that, since it really is a small subset of customers that this affects (R5000/Dish customers, and I think European DVB-S customers). At least I would think thats a small subset of Sage users.
Yes you're correct H264 in TS are concerning European DVB-S and DVB-T users. Some countries are luckier than other and it mainly concern HDTV, so it concerns really a small subset of SageTV users. But at least it's in the works
Old 12-07-2006, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, I just realized that one of my clients didn't get updated to 6.0.16, so it's better than I thought. More of the recordings are playable, so it's probably more like 1/2 of the recordings that can't be played. I'll edit my post above to reflect this.

Last edited by salsbst; 12-07-2006 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

It's Faster!

I just installed this beta and my initial reaction is that the UI is MUCH faster then before. The MVPs seemed to boot faster and the menus are more responsive.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda
I just installed this beta and my initial reaction is that the UI is MUCH faster then before. The MVPs seemed to boot faster and the menus are more responsive.
Yeah. Somebody noticed those performance enhancements. You should also notice the music library is much faster to load on the MVP as well.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM
Yes you're correct H264 in TS are concerning European DVB-S and DVB-T users. Some countries are luckier than other and it mainly concern HDTV, so it concerns really a small subset of SageTV users. But at least it's in the works
Yep! I can wait for 6.1.x to get it fully working. Not too much compelling content in the USA yet that is in this format. But it is what both DirecTV and Dishnetwork are moving to for all HD. Its quite possible that in several years that SD content could move to this format as well.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Yeah. Somebody noticed those performance enhancements. You should also notice the music library is much faster to load on the MVP as well.
Yup Narflex,
Not only noticed, but spread the love.
6.0.16 is very solid and performing extremely well on both of my MVP's.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sooooo much faster. Its like night and day since the MVP where first supported. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-07-2006, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

The new beta still doesn't handle shows with cut commercials very well

Other than that, though, everything is working very well for me.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-07-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

It is only won't allow me to tune 2 HD channels now.

Saying no signal, weird how my reception gets better reverting back to 6.14.

:shrug:
Old 12-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Sage Icon

After using 6.016 for a few days, here's my findings:

- The top disk space status bar shows zero hours when in SageTV Recordings or Guide. To fix it, I had to disable it and re-enable it. This goes for the MVP, SageTV Client and Placeshifter.

- I haven't heard a beep from the MVP. Still keeping fingers crossed as Narflex suggested, but so far so good.

- The Music and Photos navigation are a bit faster, still not instant as it should be, but better than previous betas. I'm able to delete imported playlists, but they keep coming back after a while, so this is still a bug. I'm still getting "The Greatest Hits" wrong album art bug on some album even though I properly tagged all my MP3 files. This is annoying as it only happens in SageTV and not in other media players such as iTunes or WMP.

- For Photos, finally the ability to go to next or previous images. Why wasn't this implemented from the beginning, but instead added in the 6th version of SageTV??? And please change the Next/Prev buttons to default to FF/RW instead of the up and down arrows, it just makes more sense that way, or make it customizable for those who like to change it. Also, I think the Next/Prev keys are switched by mistake, I have to press Prev (up) to go to Next image. And please remove the button graphics on the top right corner or have a setting to hide it for that that want it hidden. And while viewing an image, maybe add the ability to press Play, which makes it go into slideshow mode.

- Playing .vob files with mulitple audio streams is still buggy. In previous beta, switching audio streams does nothing. I'm abled to switch to 2nd audio streams now in 6.016. But still some issues, when I switch from first audio stream to second audio stream, I lose the the FF/RW functions, it would just display playback exception errors. When I switch back to the first audio stream, I can FF/RW again, but the timeline jumps about 10 second back and plays from there. Weird issues.

- Lastly, two of my first run favorites were skipped today, I have no idea why.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.

Last edited by mayamaniac; 12-08-2006 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

The beep is back, I fell asleep last night with the MVP on and it scared the hell out of me. Damn it!