SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to hechacker1
Does this product exist?

I am looking for a PCI HDTV Cable QAM tuner + Analog SD tuner built into the same card. Of course something that integrates well with SageTV would be appreciated.

I currently have a 250mce, but I am looking for more tuners and hopefully HDTV since I have Time Warner extended basic, and they carry the local HDTV in qam.

Thanks

EDIT: I just realized that there is a possibility that most of the SD channels are also carried on digital cable. If I could get rid of my analog tuners I gladly would. Anybody have time warner in the San Diego area (La Jolla)?

Last edited by hechacker1; 12-05-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

I don't know of any. The two QAM tuners I know of are both external. Autumnwave connects via USB and the HDHomeRun is network attached. Some over the Air HDTV tuners also have SD tuners but the two I know of have limitations. The ATI HDTV wonder has a software SD tuner that stinks, and the ATI 650 can't use both tuners at the same time.

If your digital cable is like what they offer here, then channels under 100 or so are analog only.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by malore
I don't know of any. The two QAM tuners I know of are both external. Autumnwave connects via USB and the HDHomeRun is network attached. Some over the Air HDTV tuners also have SD tuners but the two I know of have limitations. The ATI HDTV wonder has a software SD tuner that stinks, and the ATI 650 can't use both tuners at the same time.

If your digital cable is like what they offer here, then channels under 100 or so are analog only.
thanks for the reply. I guess i'll have to wait for a "hybrid" card. I don't mind if it is an external solution but with good picture quality.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Why does it have to be a hybrid? Why can't you just get an additional ATSC/QAM card?

You realize with a hybrid card, they can only record one thing at a time.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:28 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Why does it have to be a hybrid? Why can't you just get an additional ATSC/QAM card?

You realize with a hybrid card, they can only record one thing at a time.
well, what i am looking for is a dual tuner card, where each tuner can either record in HD if available, or SD.

I am looking at the hdhomerun, but most of the content i watch isn't on the local HD. So I just might get a Nvidia DualTV for the increased PQ over my blurry 250mce. (or just leave the 250mce in there for 3 tuners total)