SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question Favorites not scheduling/recording anymore

SAGETV 6.0.15.115
DVD BURING STI
DYNAMIC MENUS STI

Upgraded from Sagetv 5.04 to the newest 6.0x. Installed dvd buring sti, and the dynamic menus sti. I thought everthing was working perfectly, but just relized that the items in my favorites folder are no longer being scheduled to be recorded. I've tried adding a new favorite, but it didn't schedule either.

Manual recording still works fine, even if I schedule in advance.

Any ideas guys?

James

Last edited by tsitalon1; 11-27-2006 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey guys,

I just confirmed for me the issue is Sagetv 6.

Here is how I confirmed it:

1. removed all Sagetv completely. deleted the folder as well.
2. installed version 5.04
3. copied my backup copy of Sagetv5.04 folder overtop of the fresh install
4. Confirmed that my favorites where being scheduled to record.
5. Upgraded to version 6.0.15.115
6. confirmed that the favorites were not being scheduled to record.

So this has nothing to do with any third party apps or STVI's, in my case.

I guess I should submit a bug report.

James
Old 11-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Administrator

What type of EPG data are you using -- the built in data?

Are your favorites listed in the Favorites Manager? If not, you aren't using the same wiz.bin for some reason... was v6 installed in to the same dir as v5?

If you use the Options command on the Recording Schedule, what is the Display Filter option set as?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
What type of EPG data are you using -- the built in data?

Are your favorites listed in the Favorites Manager? If not, you aren't using the same wiz.bin for some reason... was v6 installed in to the same dir as v5?

If you use the Options command on the Recording Schedule, what is the Display Filter option set as?

- Andy
I am using the same EPG data I always have. My guide is fine. I do not remember which one, but I have not changed it. all my listed shows seem to be correct as well.

My favorites are listed in the favorites manager, they simply do not get scheduled to record.

v5 was upgraded to v6. I ran the install and it upgraded it to v6. I did not specify a different path/folder. It found the original path of \program files\sagetv

Display filter was/is always set to ALL
Old 11-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Administrator

I made a mistake when I moved all your duplicate posts on this topic to this single thread... I think one of them had a comment about XMLTV. Did you say that you are or are not using XMLTV?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am not using XMLTV.

Even using Sagetv with no plugins or stvi's, I am having this issue, but only with Sagetv 6.0.15.115

I have not however, tried it with a fresh install of v6. I upgraded from v5 to v6.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Administrator

So far, I only remember hearing about something like this with one XMLTV plugin, which is why I wanted to confirm that point.

Submit a bug report -- save your sagetv_#.txt log files in the SageTV directory.

When you go to Favorite Details for a fav that should be airing & choose Additional Airings, it reports no future airings? Do any shows in the Program Guide have white outlines? What happens if you add a new fav?

- Andy
Old 11-28-2006, 03:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
So far, I only remember hearing about something like this with one XMLTV plugin, which is why I wanted to confirm that point.

Submit a bug report -- save your sagetv_#.txt log files in the SageTV directory.

When you go to Favorite Details for a fav that should be airing & choose Additional Airings, it reports no future airings? Do any shows in the Program Guide have white outlines? What happens if you add a new fav?
I just realised I'm also having problems with favorites. I am using "STV XMLTV Import" to import XMLTV data.

In Additional Airings I see a list of future airings, but in the Program Guide none of the shows have white outlines, and the Recording Schedule is empty.

A strange thing happens if I try to add a new favorite. Choosing "New By Title" I get list of show titles with only one entry "No Data". In "New By Actor" and "New By Category" shows completly empty lists. "New By Keyword" lets me create a favorite, and under "Additional Airings" I get a list of matching shows, but they are not marked in the Program Guide as being scheduled for recording, and do not show up in the Recording Schedule.

Bug report is being sent.

UPDATE: Installing version 2.0 of STV XMLTV Importer fixed my problems!

/peder
Clients: 2 MediaMVP Extenders (one wired and one connected to AirPort Express in WDS remote mode). 1 Placeshifter (OSX).

Last edited by polsen; 11-28-2006 at 04:20 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is not my issue. I am not usin xmltv at all.

I am currently working via email with Sagetv support. I will update the thread with our findings. I am currently back on 5.04 so that our favorites will a least record.

James
Old 11-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Sage Icon

I suggest to backup your 5.04 folder. Then uninstall 5.04 and delete the SageTV folder so that everything is gone. Then install v6.015, set up your tuners and guide. Then try scheduling some favorites to see if they record. If everything works, then exit sageTV. Then move only your "wiz.bin" file from the 5.04 backup into v6 folder. And see if the favs still work. If yes, then proceed with the STVi imports.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

****UPDATE****

I found that if I installed V6 as a clean install versus an upgrade from V5, everything works fine.

I now have v6 with working favorites (that are being scheduled) and 3 tuners with the firewire channel changing working fine.

I did import my wiz.bin db file from V5 after the fresh install and it seemed to work flawlessly. I have not tried installing the DVD burning or dynamic menus stvi's yet. I will though.

So it appears that there may be some sort of EPG error with the upgrade from V5 to V6, but that is just a guess.

I am going to report my findings to Sagetv support.