SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:53 AM
Sage User

Question KTLADT 5 HD (THE CW) - v6 .15 - Video, but wrong audio stream.

Submitted a bug report for v6.0.15.

Upgraded to 6.0.15 tonight. Tuned KTLADT (aka KTLA, aka The CW, aka Channel 5-1 in the Los Angeles area).. Happy to see video but was a little surprised when I turned on my audio receiver to hear Spanish.

I tried some of my previous recordings and they play back correctly in English.

I have downgraded back to 6.0.13.

My one test recording (previously in Spanish) now plays correctly in English 5.1 DD with 6.0.13.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Robert

Last edited by Robsters; 11-23-2006 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:17 AM
Sage Icon

You can try diabling multiple audio streams using regedit:
In:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FreyTechnologies\Common\DSFilters\TSSplitter]
Add:
DisableMultiAudio, dword value 00000001. Might help, might not!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 11-23-2006, 04:49 AM
Administrator

I'm curious... I don't have any such videos to try this on, but if you use the Options command during playback, is there an option to choose the audio langauge?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage User

"Audio Language" option shows both streams. Does not switch stream.

6.0.13 always plays the 5.1 audio and 6.0.15 always plays the stereo (Spanish) . Even if I change the "Audio Language" during playback.

The "Audio Language" box shows that is playing the 5.1 audio stream by default in 6.0.15, but it is really playing the stereo stream.

I try to change audio options. As soon as I select a different stream in the audio box, it disappears and the audio does not change. I go back to the Audio Language options and it shows the option I chose, but does not change the actual stream for playback.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to Paul365
Just for reference, 6.0.14 played the wrong audio stream for me, I got an audio comentory on one of my recordings at the same time as the correct soundtrack, it mixed them both together.

6.0.15 has fixed this and I can now switch between the correct soundtrack and the audio comentory.

6.0.13 and before were also ok for me.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Sage

If you're having trouble getting the right audio stream to play then try changing your Audio Renderer in Detailed Setup->Audio/Video. In testing there was a case where this problem arose and that resolved the issue.

If you're still having problems, please submit a bug report: http://sagetv.com/bugs.html
Old 11-24-2006, 02:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Have a fix for wrong audio stream
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/TSSplitter.ax
Old 11-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Sage User

Tried the TSSplitter.ax in .15... No difference.

I tried the TSSplitter.ax, by shutting down Sage copying the file over TSSplitter.ax in the SageTV/Commons directory.

Switched back and forth between 6.0.15 default and the one from this tread with no noticeable change. Still get the alternate stream on KTLADT.

Watching other channels I noticed the same problem with KTTVDT (FOX 11). It also plays the alternate stream.

I discovered that changing the Settings / Detailed Setup / "Video / Audio" / Audio Renderer from Default to Default DirectSound Device using either TSSplitter.ax file. I am able to get english and 5.1 audio from KTLADT, but not KTTVDT.

I also noticed with either TSSplitter.ax file that my previous recordings made using 6.0.13 from KTLADT playback in 2 channel English. Even with changing the Audio Renderer. Minor but though I would mention it here.

One thing bothers me though... Trying to change the "Audio Language" does not change the audio stream playing. The option changes though.

I'll be traveling on business until Thursday and won't be around to try anything new until then. Might give me some time to think about it.