SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Sage Icon

Best report it as a bug, Sage can check it out.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 12-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Trying the TSSPlitter.ax and DShowCapture.dll from a few posts up in this thread did not solve my CW problem for new recordings. What's worse, I now seem to be having a problem with the Fox affiliate.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohn
Trying the TSSPlitter.ax and DShowCapture.dll from a few posts up in this thread did not solve my CW problem for new recordings. What's worse, I now seem to be having a problem with the Fox affiliate.
They did not fix mine either. I recorded Supernatural last night, and tried to watch it, no sound.

I haven't been having problems with Fox, at least, yet.

I sent them my debug log, although I could not find anything in it that reported an error or anything.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

I am having the same problem this week...I have been able to watch lots of HD in all the previous betas, but this week pretty well recordings are unwatchable.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptaz
I am having the same problem this week...I have been able to watch lots of HD in all the previous betas, but this week pretty well recordings are unwatchable.
Qian sent me a utility to fix a show that has no sound (hope this is okay to post), but I have not tested it, because I deleted the shows, because I thought there was no way to fix it. It just has to do with the audio track not being selected correctly or something...

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next beta. I'm trying to provide test files to Sage Support for this...
Attached Files
File Type: zip AudioTrackFix.ZIP (18.5 KB, 126 views)
Old 12-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

My transparent channel logos are ugly, like transparency is broken in the SageTV v6. Anyone else seeing this? I submitted a bug report.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Qian sent me a utility to fix a show that has no sound (hope this is okay to post), but I have not tested it, because I deleted the shows, because I thought there was no way to fix it. It just has to do with the audio track not being selected correctly or something...

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next beta. I'm trying to provide test files to Sage Support for this...
Thanks!

I ran that and it fixed all my ABC HD Recordings...I still have to try the new dlls Qian uploaded. I am not sure that it resolved my Fox issue though.
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
2 BedRooms: MediaMVP
Old 12-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks!

I ran that and it fixed all my ABC HD Recordings...I still have to try the new dlls Qian uploaded. I am not sure that it resolved my Fox issue though.
Actually, the Beta 6.0.15 has an option manual “Audio Language” to pick up correct audio track if sage gives a wrong one. Upload your raw dump date for me to fix bug
Old 12-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Actually, the Beta 6.0.15 has an option manual “Audio Language” to pick up correct audio track if sage gives a wrong one.
When I tried that selecting the other track seemed to have no effect (audio was still out of sync).

I didn't get a chance to try creating a dump-file last night, and my problem the CW only shows up with HD programming so I'll have till tomorrow to give it a try.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
When I tried that selecting the other track seemed to have no effect (audio was still out of sync).
I don't think you are talking about the same problem:

out of sync vs. wrong audio/no audio

Marneb
Old 12-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marneb17
I don't think you are talking about the same problem:

out of sync vs. wrong audio/no audio

Marneb
But I think the reason I'm getting out of sync audio is because the wrong track is being played. It seems the station broadcasts an audio stream for the SD feed and the HD feed simultaneously, because it's only during HD material that the audio is out of sync (and it wasn't out of sync in beta 13 and earlier).

Last edited by jkohn; 12-03-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Decoders generally seem to have a harder time with audio sync on HD streams in my experience. Never had an SD sync problem, but one on of my clients, HD sync is a tad problematic. Usually, unless the problem is in the recording, we can fix it by jumping back 10 seconds.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey
Actually, the Beta 6.0.15 has an option manual “Audio Language” to pick up correct audio track if sage gives a wrong one. Upload your raw dump date for me to fix bug
Ok I tried playing it back on one of the client pcs and it plays back correctly. I think the main sagetv instance is not configured correctly or something. It is odd that some HD shows have audio while other do not. I am guessing I will have to play with the AC3 settings or something...my outboard decoder must not like the AC3 stream. Very odd. I am leaving on a business trip so I probably will not be able to debug much more and figure out what I changed in my decoder settings to make ABC Audio not work and FOX audio get static buzzing...works fine on my other clients that are not going to external decoders.

John
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
2 BedRooms: MediaMVP
Old 12-03-2006, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

I've submitted a couple bug reports, but just wondering whether others are having this particular problem:

Since upgrading from v5 to 6.0.15, I'm having no luck playing back SDTV recordings from Firewire. The HDTV recordings are ok, but SDTV recordings cause problems. On one of the clients, the screen goes black and I get the spinning logo indefinitely. On the other, SageTV quits abruptly.

Anyone else?
Old 12-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks!

How did you run it, specifically? I've tried dragging the MPG file onto the EXE file, and running it from the "Run" prompt, and am not able to seem to get it to fix anything. Do I have to run it from a DOS prompt?

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
How did you run it, specifically? I've tried dragging the MPG file onto the EXE file, and running it from the "Run" prompt, and am not able to seem to get it to fix anything. Do I have to run it from a DOS prompt?

Thanks.
Run it from a commandline without arguments and it'll give you the syntax. If I recall you need to give it the file name and the number of the audio stream.

It doesn't seem to work for transport stream files, though; told me they weren't SageTV recordings.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Run it from a commandline without arguments and it'll give you the syntax. If I recall you need to give it the file name and the number of the audio stream.

It doesn't seem to work for transport stream files, though; told me they weren't SageTV recordings.
Hmm...thanks. I tried it on a file that I recorded tonight, on the CW, and neither audio track I selected would play. Just silence...
Old 12-04-2006, 06:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

HD recordings are preferred. I just installed it and all went well, but I am still geting SD recordiongs in the recording schedule. Is the option for HD recordings preferred the default, or do you have to set an options in the properties file or menu?

Really need this.

Thanks

Darin
Old 12-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ok I tried playing it back on one of the client pcs and it plays back correctly. I think the main sagetv instance is not configured correctly or something. It is odd that some HD shows have audio while other do not. I am guessing I will have to play with the AC3 settings or something...my outboard decoder must not like the AC3 stream. Very odd. I am leaving on a business trip so I probably will not be able to debug much more and figure out what I changed in my decoder settings to make ABC Audio not work and FOX audio get static buzzing...works fine on my other clients that are not going to external decoders.

John
Looks like it's a problem with nVidia decoders, according to Qian. He was finally able to reproduce my problem on his machine, by switching to the nVidia decoder. They said they are working on it, so hopefully, this will help your problem as well.

Jason.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst
I've submitted a couple bug reports, but just wondering whether others are having this particular problem:

Since upgrading from v5 to 6.0.15, I'm having no luck playing back SDTV recordings from Firewire. The HDTV recordings are ok, but SDTV recordings cause problems. On one of the clients, the screen goes black and I get the spinning logo indefinitely. On the other, SageTV quits abruptly.

Anyone else?
I am getting black screen also. Sage will be running fine .. and if I have to stop it for some reason I will get the black screen upon trying to restart. The only thing that gets me out of it is to delete the Client properties and start over. Sage Client *is* running. I can alt-f4 out of it. I notice that I will see the OSD for about a second or two just as the program is exiting. I am running Sage as a service with a user logon (not the local account). Happens with the default as well as SageMC. Manually changing the prperties file from one to the other won't get me out of it either.

I don't know really what causes this -- but I thought I ought to chime in as there are a number of posts about it.

All this time I thought the screen of death was *blue*.