SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac
spoke too soon, I heard some beeps/blips today on the MVP. My guess is that it has something to do with the thumbnail generation feature introduced in SageTV v6. Is there a property to disable the thumbnail generation to test my theory?
Beeps/blips happened in Sage 5 also. With the latest version 6.0.15 I haven't heard any on 2 MVPs. It may be worthwhile to blow away your clients directory and let the latest version recreate it. That helped various issues with mine.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Not a single bleep for me so far on 2 MVPs.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

I own two MVPs and ran v5.04 for quite a long time, never heard a beep/blip from any of them. As with other reports in this beta threads, the beeps appeared in the v6.xx betas. There were some audio glitches when playing music in previous versions also, but I believe that is unrelated to the beeps we are talking about.

I haven't tried deleting the "clients" folder, only thing Jeff said to do was to power off the MVPs to reset it.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Beeps/blips happened in Sage 5 also. With the latest version 6.0.15 I haven't heard any on 2 MVPs. It may be worthwhile to blow away your clients directory and let the latest version recreate it. That helped various issues with mine.

Gerry
The only time I heard beeps in 5.x was with the non-released/alpha mvp.bin. This bug seems to affect different MVPs differently, which im sure doesn't make fixing it any easier...
Old 11-28-2006, 09:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelofDeth
The only time I heard beeps in 5.x was with the non-released/alpha mvp.bin. This bug seems to affect different MVPs differently, which im sure doesn't make fixing it any easier...
Well for me I had it in 5 and worse with the alpha bin. I kept telling the wife to wait for 6 because it would be fixed. Each beta release reduced it until I had none with 6.0.13. That's when I also blew away the client directory to fix a DVD playing-looping issue. That fixed the looping issue and I haven't heard a bleep since. One MVP is an older wired model and one is a newer wired with the AC3 output jack or whatever it is.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well my audio problem with the local CW station and 6.0.14 beta is now fixed (b14 was playing the wrong audio stream). Also the problem with the Sage Client not starting due to an orphaned SageTranscoder.exe hanging around in memory is also fixed. Good work guys.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohn
Well my audio problem with the local CW station and 6.0.14 beta is now fixed (b14 was playing the wrong audio stream). Also the problem with the Sage Client not starting due to an orphaned SageTranscoder.exe hanging around in memory is also fixed. Good work guys.
HUH? How did you get the audio fixed on CW? I have a thread about it, and no one to my knowledge reported they had the same issue. Are you using 6.0.15?

I also have the problem that dual HD tuners do not work. I've submitted a bug report, but have heard a new DShow.....dll file will fix that problem.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
HUH? How did you get the audio fixed on CW? I have a thread about it, and no one to my knowledge reported they had the same issue. Are you using 6.0.15?
I'm in Houston, which CW affiliate are you referring to? Version 6 betas up through 13 worked fine for me, then beta 14 was playing the wrong audio stream for this channel. Beta 15 appears to have addressed my issue based on one test recording I checked (a limited dataset I know, but every recording I tried with beta 14 had the problem).

Quote:
I also have the problem that dual HD tuners do not work. I've submitted a bug report, but have heard a new DShow.....dll file will fix that problem.
I've been using dual VBox 150's in my Sage server with every version 6 beta and no problems so far. Which cards/drivers are you using?
Old 11-29-2006, 01:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Try a update
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/TSSplitter.ax
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/DShowCapture.dll
Old 11-29-2006, 06:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm in Houston, which CW affiliate are you referring to? Version 6 betas up through 13 worked fine for me, then beta 14 was playing the wrong audio stream for this channel. Beta 15 appears to have addressed my issue based on one test recording I checked (a limited dataset I know, but every recording I tried with beta 14 had the problem).
Dallas/Fort Worth area. Mine was fine in 13 as well, then 14 and 15 have no audio at all.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:43 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks! That is what I was looking for!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:28 AM

Much better, but still some issues for imported videos.

This version is much better at handling my imported AVI,MKV and OGM video files. It has gotten better with each beta release, more of my files played back properly. As of this beta I can at least get Sage to play the trouble files back in a watchable manner. Still I have an issue with many of my OGMs being imported(I removed and re-imported, re-installed Sage, etc) with a duration that is WAY too long. Sage does play the files back at the true/real pace but the duration indicator increases at a very rapid rate. This not only renders the duration indicator useless, but renders the FF1/RW1 function useless. They usually won't even advance a single video frame, however the playback indicator will increase to reflect the change. FF2 does gave a noticeable effect but is no where near the jump it should be, still the playback indicator does advance. This improper reporting of the videos duration also makes many imports useless as they rely on Sage giving them the real/true playback point.

I haven't found any AVI or MKV files that aren't importing the duration correctly in my small test library of several 100 videos. I haven't imported my whole library yet as i'm keeping my V5 setup separate till V6 is stable.

Another import issue, though less severe at least compared to above, is that Sage isn't generating thumbnails properly for many files. The problem OGMs that I mentioned above just show a grey box for a thumbnail. Most of my OGMs show a very pixelated thumbnail. Mostly they are grey(~80%) with partial picture data smeared over(~20%) the grey box. This makes these thumbnails no good since they are only partial representation of a frame. My MKVs in general have good thumbnails. However many resemble the OGM thumbnails. I'm fairly certain this is coming about due to Sage using a non I frame to generate the thumbnail. The fact that many of my encodes use encode profiles that allow the I frames to shift according to bitrate is likely effecting which ones work and which files don't. Also the majority of my MKVs are 24,25 FPS instead of 30 or 60 and a fair percentage are even VFR.

It would be nice if you could have the SageTVtranscoder(or however you're grabbing the thumbnails) use I frames only when it generates the thumbnails. Then Sage would use the nearest whole/I frame to the thumbnail offset set in the properties file. I don't care whether it used the I frame before or after the offset, whatever is easiest for you guys. If using I frames only would cause others issues, it could be an option(set to off by default) in the properties file.

I've reported both of these issues as bugs. And would gladly do any testing or posting of log files you wish. I would love to help improve the overall stabilty of imported videos. V5 worked great and V6 is now working almost exactly as I desire, when I use the always use Dshow player option. I really love V6's new thumbnail generation and the fact that Sage now remembers the last position of playback when you play a imported video again. Good job on the new version and keep up the great work.

PS:In case you needed/wanted to know... The duration and thumbnail generation issues still occur whether I force(by that properties files setting) Sage to use Dshow or just use the new SageTVplayer(mplayer).

As an addition note SageTVplayer's behavior is greatly improved since the first V6 beta. If you could get it to display/choose subtitle rendering and add support for chapters. I could just use Sage's new built in player and not need the Dshow option for my imported videos. Ever since I found the "-alang eng" argument for mplayer and added it to the extra mplayer arguments property, I've solved my issue of choosing the correct audio channel when using Sage's built-in player. Unfortunately the "-slang" argument doesn't seem to work for rendering subtitles in Sage's build of mplayer. I know it works in the official mplayer build I have, so maybe it can be added later. Or maybe there is some way VobSub could be called by mplayer, to render the subs. As for chapters I don't even know if the official mplayer can handle those, but still Sage's FF/timescroll would offset most of that failing. My main issues for using Dshow are to get the proper(English for me) audio track(regardless of if it's the default/first or not) and having subs displayed(since my hearing is going).
Old 11-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Error on reading older mp3 files

I receive this error in my log files when I try to import certain mp3 files:

"Failed when reading MPEG header java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero"

Any ideas?

Also.. since importing music files is tagged-based only... can someone please layout a specific process where updating tags will show up correctly in the interface after you have already imported them the first time. Xlobby for example has all of its files in xml format so you can go in and physically change the text of any inconsistancies.. I dont think you can do this in sage because of the wiz.bin... what is the best process in sage?

Clients: 2 HD Extenders

Last edited by BBCritical; 11-30-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Sage Icon

Have you had any success with h.264 .ts files? I can't get them to work at all!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well I was wrong, watched another CW recording and the audio problem is still there. The two file attachments above did not help, I had to roll back to 6.0.13.

Last edited by jkohn; 11-30-2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
I receive this error in my log files when I try to import certain mp3 files:

"Failed when reading MPEG header java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero"
File a bug report. SageTV may want to see an example mp3 file so they can fix this issue.

Quote:
Also.. since importing music files is tagged-based only... can someone please layout a specific process where updating tags will show up correctly in the interface after you have already imported them the first time.
Music imports are not tagged-based only -- there is a folder view for music, as there is for photos and videos. So, even if there are no tags for some music files, they should still be accessible via the folder view.

If you change any of the tags in your music files & the changes don't eventually show up, then you can go to Detailed Setup -> Media Center Import Dirs, then stop importing music from the appropriate dir, have SageTV Refresh Imported Media, set the dir to import music again, then refresh the lib again.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Well I was wrong, watched another CW recording and the audio problem is still there. The two file attachments above did not help, I had to roll back to 6.0.13.
The information indicating main audio track in recording header that is written by old DLLs is wrong, but new recording with the update should be fine.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey
The information indicating main audio track in recording header that is written by old DLLs is wrong, but new recording with the update should be fine.
Hmm. I have a client/server setup with the tuners in a network server and my HTPC just running SageTV Client. When I first encountered this problem in 6.0.14, I only rolled back the client not the server, and it seemed to fix the problem. Same thing with 6.015. So are you saying the problem is not with playback but recording? So I should put those two attached files on the server to fix future recordings?

Another thing, in 6.0.15 client I tried to manually select the other audio stream from the pop-up menu and it had no effect. Regardless of whether I chose audio stream A or B I got the same out-of-sync audio.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey
Qian.

I have installed the update, and will be checking it tonight, to see if the problem is fixed. But, before I copied the file, I checked the file sizes, and they were exactly the same, which indicates to me, that the files were probably the same files (in other words, I was already using the latest update).

I'll post back (as well as to SageTV Support) if the problem has went away.

Thanks.

Jason.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Sage User

Black screen

I have had the following happen 5-6 times since upgrading to the latest beta:

I am watching a recorded tv show then pause it and then exit to live tv and I get a black screen. I cannot exit this screen. When I got to task manager in XPPro I see sagetv is still running. Only way to get back to using SageTV is to kill the sagetv.exe in task manager and reopen.

Anyone else see this?