SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:10 AM
Sage Icon

Subtitles with MP4 files in Sage?

When I used GermSage in Sage V5 to play media files I could display subtitles in the mp4 videos. Is there a command to do this when playing the mp4 files in Sage? Also, is there a command to go forward or back a chapter as I could with my Nero Showtime media player. Perhaps some kind of Options button somewhere like with the DVD player in sage.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Sage Expert

If V6 wouldnt "route" (for lack of a better term) all mp4 files thru mplayer then what you want to do is possible with ffdshow.

Please, Sage, let us go back to the old style of mp4 playback! Mplayer isnt decoding 6 channel sound properly, and it cannot handle hi-def mp4 playback.

I have eveything working fine in WMP! (with CoreAVC, thats just about the only way to get hi-def h.264 files to playback).
Old 11-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul
If V6 wouldnt "route" (for lack of a better term) all mp4 files thru mplayer then what you want to do is possible with ffdshow.

Please, Sage, let us go back to the old style of mp4 playback! Mplayer isnt decoding 6 channel sound properly, and it cannot handle hi-def mp4 playback.

I have eveything working fine in WMP! (with CoreAVC, thats just about the only way to get hi-def h.264 files to playback).
Well - you could probably still use GermSage with Sage 6 and then use any media player you like. That's what I did in Sage 5. I personally don't mind the sound at all, it's the other features that would be nice like the subtitles and chapters but not a total essential for me.

Mike
Old 11-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Sage Expert

I had it all working fine in Sage V5.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul

This has been in there for a few builds, just set this property and it will never use MPlayer:

always_use_dshow_player=true
Old 11-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Sage Expert

Oh, sweet. I found the property: mplayer/use_for_all_mpeg4_playback=false in another thread (which has no effect BTW).

No more thoughts of reverting to V5, thanks!
Old 12-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am using version 6.15,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
This has been in there for a few builds, just set this property and it will never use MPlayer:

always_use_dshow_player=true
Using this option I am able to get some of my MKV H264 files to work properly (show the halli splitter and show video) but some only have sound.

The thing is that they are all Gray's anatomy - ep7 wors, 5 and 6 do not.

they re supposed to be the same encoding, this is strage.
please help

What should I enable in the log to send as a bug report?
just the usual?
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 12-02-2006, 01:32 PM

I use Haali's splitter too

alon24,

I won't tell you what to enable for the Bug report, because I'll leave that to "official" Sage. The log files are always turned on for betas. Maybe they'd what you to enable that mplayer log setting that's in the properties files, but I doubt it since this seems to be a Dshow issue.

Anyway definitely file a bug report ASAP. I'm currently working with support on improper duration parsing of some OGMs. It's similiar to yours in that say ep 1 from a show will work but ep 2 won't. I've sent them a few sample "problem files" and a good one. I haven't really checked my whole library yet, but I'm certian I'd likely have an issue like yours with some of my MKVs(I had lots in earlier betas).

Long story short submit a bug report ASAP. And have a the logs and maybe MKV files ready to upload if they request it.

PS: Do you see the Haali splitter icon at all when you play back files in the .mp4 contianer? I get it for my "Good" OGMs and the MKVs I've checked, but not any .MP4s. It's wierd since it does show it's using my other Dshow(ffDshow audio and video) codecs, but not Haali's.

PPS: Do you get good thumbnails generated for you all your imported files? I get a Grey box for most OGMs and many MKVs. Sometimes I'll get a partial frame of random pixels over the Grey box. It's weird since all my MP4s and AVIs seem to generate good thumbnails, even though many use the same encode setttings. It's just seems to be the container that's throwing sage for a loop.

Sorry for all the questions and no real answers. I'm just trying to get Sage V6 to handle every OGM,MKV,MP4 that WMP and Zoomplayer can play. If we wait too long to officially report issues, then the beta cycle will close since they'll think(reightfully so, without submitted bugs) the major bugs are fixed.

Thanks for you time and sorry for the ramble.
/justme
Old 12-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Sage Expert

alon24:

I had this exact problem after installing graphedit, or more correctly after graphedit registered a bunch of codecs. Some mp4's would playback fine, some not at all, and some would play but I couldnt FF or rewind.

To fix it you need to find out what filter Sage is trying to use when you playback a file (one that does NOT work). To see this, try playing a file that doesnt work, close sage, then open sagetvclient_0.txt in your sage directory.

Search the file for "Dshowgraph", you should find a line that looks like this:

DShowGraphFilters=Ligos MPEG Splitter,VidRend,K:\DVDs_encoded\Movies\Braveheart\Braveheart.mp4,

A successfully played-back should look like this:

DShowGraphFilters=Internal Script Command Renderer,Default DirectSound Device,VidRend,ffdshow Audio Decoder 0002,CoreAVC Video Decoder,AC3Filter,ffdshow Audio Decoder,Haali Media Splitter (AR),K:\DVDs_encoded\Movies\Braveheart\Braveheart.mp4

If you installed graphedit like I did, then I bet Sage is trying to use the Ligos Splitter for some reason, if not, it might be some other filter. The simplest (and only that I know of) fix is to unregister the "bad" filter.

To do so run SysEnum.EXE, click Directshow Filters, and find the filter you want to remove. At the bottom it will have the filter name and location.

Once you find that click start->run and unregister it.
regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files\graphedit\mpeg2parser.ax" for example.

I hope that helps.

Edit: this forum wont let me upload an exe. So if you dont have SysEnum.exe, google search for it I guess.
Edit2: If your running the Beta, logging should be on by default. It took me forever to figure out I needed to look at the client logs.

Last edited by lobosrul; 12-02-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK,

I opened a sage bug, and took lobosrul's advice and using rad light code manager, I unregistered the NERO splitter, and NERO deecoder.

all is well ow.
I still do not know why it worked for this and not for tht, but now its working.

thanks for your help, and I hope sage figure this one out....

answers:
I get gry boxes with files that did not play well before.
I see the splitter icon, with the god files, and now they are all good, after unregistering the splitter by NERO,

alon24
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22