SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

DVD Library

Any chance of us being able to store ISOs reliably in the sage and play them back in any of the later versions?
Old 11-20-2006, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Considering Sage supports "file mode" DVDs currently/natively, I would not expect direct support for ISOs to be high on the list.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

But still I would be nice to see, I hate copying dvds directly, Rather than dumping them to ISO. Besides some 100+ Dvd's of mine are already backed up to ISO format.

Would it really be that hard to say add native support for, Say Daemon tools and allow the import of iso's to sagetv?
Old 11-20-2006, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you seen this plugin?
Old 11-20-2006, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by traker1001
But still I would be nice to see, I hate copying dvds directly, Rather than dumping them to ISO.
Probably seems like I'm trying to start a fight when I ask this but...

Why? How is an ISO better than a folder? Other than you can't access the files without mounting it...

Quote:
Besides some 100+ Dvd's of mine are already backed up to ISO format.
That I can understand.

Quote:
Would it really be that hard to say add native support for, Say Daemon tools and allow the import of iso's to sagetv?
That wouldn't really be native support though (and I think you can already import ISO, but I'm not sure of the implications).
Old 11-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know, Maybe its the old in me, But Putting dvd in a single file seems less messy to me.

Back in the DOS days.... When I used to create programs, It was the goal of a programmer to make the program as compact and small as you could, This instilled traight passed on to File and directory arrangments, And despite how easy windows OS and the new file systems has made it to just throw things on the harddrive, I still find myself controlling what goes where, Deleteing duplicate and uneeded files, and just plain trying to get a bunch of excess files off of my harddrive.

But hey thats just me, I know its the old in me, Because 90% of the new programs created these days would have never passed my coding standards.
Guess its a good thing that I no longer program for a living

And again theres the factor of me already having most my DVD's in ISO format

Btw I had not seen that plugin, I am looking into it, Thank you for pointing that out.