SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:07 AM
Sage User

Local Broadcast Channels Have Wrong EPG Information

I have a Vbox Cat's Eye DTA-150 digital ATSC tuner. When I select the Local Broadcast for Boston, MA (02115) and auto-scan for digital channels, at least 2/3 of the detected channels do not match the EPG information on the zap2it website. Most of the detected channels seem to match the listings on the zap2it website when I play the channel and manually compare the current shows to the listings online. The problem is that SageTV is assigning these channels to the incorrect stations either due to a bug or an issue with zap2it.

I think I may be suffering from a second issue as well. On two of the stations that are detected, the sub-channel numbers seem to be swapped and shuffled among their respective station. For example, when I tune to 2-1, I end up seeing the show that zap2it says is playing on 2-2, and vice versa. The other station has 4 sub-channels and they are shuffled by 1 sub-channel, meaning 4-1 is really showing 4-2 material, 4-2 is showing 4-3 material, 4-3 showing 4-4, and 4-4 showing 4-1. This means that even if I can get the above EPG issue resolved, these two stations will still have their EPG data assigned incorrectly amongst their sub-channels. I also do not know if this is an issue with SageTV or zap2it since I do not have another program to tune with otherwise I would verify if 2-1 and 2-2 show the same material in another application. I suppose there is a chance that the stations really did swap their sub-channels around and zap2it just has not updated yet. If you know of a simple way to test this please let me know.

Is there a simple way I can remap what station the channel is assigned to? SageTV properly detected all of the channels that I can receive so I really only want to remap the "logical" station so the correct EPG information is available. I have tried for a week straight to add channels manually and I have finally decided that I need help. At least half of the time the channels will not tune after adding them. I have messed with .frq files, wiping EPG settings out of configs, reinstalling, etc with no end in sight. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

-james

EDIT: I forgot to mention my version information: v6.0.14 with the updated DShowPlayer.dll and TSSplitter.ax files. Before replacing the TSSplitter.ax file I was unable to tune to 2-1, 2-2, 44-1, 44-2, 44-3, and 44-4 even though auto-scan would detect them. Now they all tune properly except for the fact that the sub-channels are now shuffled on these 2 stations. Maybe this is not a coincidence after all... I hope it is related!

Last edited by jamesnw; 11-16-2006 at 01:22 AM.