SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage always tunes channel?

I searched and couldn't find an answer. Not a big deal, but the Sage Banner (channel, title, time, etc.) started appearing with the new .14 beta. In setup, "Always tune channel" is OFF. Using a DTV D10-100 with serial channel change, Svideo input to a Hauppauge 150.
When the half hour or hour program change comes (not changing channel) I get a 1/2 second freeze and a Sage generated banner with program information. DTV banners are turned off with "DTVserialcontrol". Any ideas why this is happening? It's not that important, but if I want to capture video from a camcorder, I certainly don't want this banner to pop up on the half hour. To get around it, I have set the DTV IRD to an XM channel that plays for 4 hours at a time, avoiding banners.
Thanks,
Rob

P.S. Other than that, the .14 beta seems to be flawless, does everything I want it to do. Slight problems with Placeshifter, but that's a whole other issue.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it isn't retuning, it is just showing the OSD when the media being played changes. This has been in the STV for a couple versions & currently there isn't a way to turn it off w/o editing the STV.

Your half-hour pause is normal because the show is changing per the EPG, so the recording & playback has to switch to a new file.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

First, thanks for moving this to the correct forum.
I've been using Sage for 2 1/2 years and I can't remember it flashing a banner on a normal channel like Discovery or CNN when the option was turned off. Maybe the latest upgrade deleted my default STV (Malore) ? I never used to see these half hour or hourly banners. Like I said, it's no big deal, if I'm capturing from a device using the video input I just manually tune to a 4 hour program to avoid seeing the banner, and do a timed record.
It doesn't bother me, but I'm pretty sure it's an issue for a "normal" person who just wants the software to work right.
I hope I said that right!
Rob
Old 11-15-2006, 12:07 AM
Administrator

I meant that the temporary OSD display was there for the last couple beta versions... I left out 'beta', above. It is intended to help notify the user when a different show has begun playing. It also happens between songs when playing music, or between recordings when playing multiple videos in a playlist.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Will it go away on the next release version? Again, it's not a big deal, just curious.
Rob
Old 11-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Administrator

I don't know... having it appear during live TV is a side effect of it appearing between playlist tracks, but it serves the same purpose when a new show comes on during live TV.

- Andy
Old 11-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Oh well, it's just one of those things I have to live with I guess. I know the work-around and can live with it. It's a minor annoyance, other than that, Sage works great - I just have to work out a few issues with Placeshifter, I think they are due to a slow processor on the server that stutters a bit trying to transcode the stream.
Thanks Andy - I'm going to bed - have to drive 350 miles round trip tomorrow.

Rob