SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Problem with USB UIRT

I've been using an MCE receiver with Sage. I'd like to be able to customize my usage a bit better so I got a USB Uirt a while ago. I just got time to install it today and I find that after I connect it, and then select it on the configuration page, that Sage responds very, and I mean very slowly. At first I was controlling it with an MCE keyboard through the MCE receiver. I thought that might be causing a conflict, so I disconnected that and I'm using a regular ps2 type keyboard and mouse with the same result. If I change back to the MCE receiver in the configuration page, it goes back to working as advertised.

Any suggestions on what I could try would be appreciated.

Mbrew
Old 11-11-2006, 10:48 PM
SageTVaholic

You may have already done this, but it's one of the most common problems so I'll mention it anyway. The MCE remote sends two different codes for each button. You need to make sure both codes for each button are setup. If not the USB-Uirt will only be able to recognize every other key press.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

The problem isn't learning the codes - I haven't been able to get that far yet- it's that Sage slows way down whenever the UIRT is selected as the input device. For instance it can take 10-15 seconds to respond to a mouse click.

Mike