SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

DVB EPG shows duplicate channels with two tuners

Hi

Anybody know how to stop Sage showing all channels twice when using the DVB-T based EPG?

I've got a Nova-t 500 (dual DVB-T tuners) on a test machine and once I've configured both tuners the program guide show every channel twice even though they are the same number!

Edit: This is using 6.0.13, standard stv

Last edited by pjwerdna; 11-11-2006 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Sage

Submit a bug report please: http://sagetv.com/bugs.html
Old 11-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna
Hi

Anybody know how to stop Sage showing all channels twice when using the DVB-T based EPG?

I've got a Nova-t 500 (dual DVB-T tuners) on a test machine and once I've configured both tuners the program guide show every channel twice even though they are the same number!

Edit: This is using 6.0.13, standard stv
I have the same problem with 8VSB and the program guide. If the station doesn't have a Zap2It station ID and a scan finds it on 2 cards I get it listed twice. Weeks ago I submitted a bug report.

I have a few major problems with the guide that have been there ever since I started using Sage.

I receive a few stations that are outside my viewing area. Trying to get Sage to list the guide for those stations is a pain. You have to go to the Zap2It site to get the IDs, then remove the channels, re-add the channels manually, and finally rescan. Because the guide info is common to all cards you never know which card has to have the channel removed and added back. Lots of trial and error work.

I have one station where the wrong sub channel is tuned. The guide doesn't match what is tuned. A lot of wrong recordings. The station changes the stream configuration several times a day. They go from 2 channel operation with a HD stream to a four channel operation with four channels of SD programming. Sage can't handle the dynamic changes and tunes the wrong sub channel.

Also each of my cards has a different antenna pointing in a different direction. Sage requires all cards using the same guide location to tune the same channels. I can't have more than three card because Sage only has three over the air program guides for my location.

And then the double entries for some channels.