SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Time-shifted playback does not start from the beginning.

This problem has been present at least back to version 5, I just got used to the problem and never reported it.

When playing a show that is currently recording, the playback starts at real-time instead of starting at the beginning of the show.

This particular show (NFL Footbal) had been recording for about 30 minutes, and when I started the show it was playing back the second quarter of the game, even though Sage's green time-bar showed that it was playing the beginning of the program.

As soon as I hit the skip back (10 seconds) button, the time bar and the program were back in sync and the show was truly at the beginning.

Anyone else see this behavior?
Old 10-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
This problem has been present at least back to version 5, I just got used to the problem and never reported it.

When playing a show that is currently recording, the playback starts at real-time instead of starting at the beginning of the show.

This particular show (NFL Footbal) had been recording for about 30 minutes, and when I started the show it was playing back the second quarter of the game, even though Sage's green time-bar showed that it was playing the beginning of the program.

As soon as I hit the skip back (10 seconds) button, the time bar and the program were back in sync and the show was truly at the beginning.

Anyone else see this behavior?
Yeah, I have this problem as well (as far back as version 2). Never opened a service request on it, though, as I am too lazy.

An older thread discussing the problem is here
Old 10-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

This is almost as bad as the bug I had last football season with a cable DVR. On that POS, I would be watching the game about an hour behind, and when the recording would end (no padding available) what I was watching would jump to the end. I can't tell you how many games were spoiled that way.

I finally worked around it by stopping playback about 5 minutes before the recording was going to end, and then starting again 5 minutes after. What a PITA!
Old 10-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Sage Expert

Same problem here... my wife hates it.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 10-23-2006, 03:46 PM
SageTVaholic

This has been discussed numerous times and I think Sage is aware of it, but it doesn't hurt to file a report anyway. I thought I remembered reading it was a "feature" and not a bug, but it has been awhile so I'm not sure. I also thought someone said it was going to be changed in future releases though.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

I've brought this up a few times before... This problem has been with sage for as long as I've used it.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:59 AM
Sage Icon

Ditto here. But don't know why I havent reported it to SageTV yet.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
I thought I remembered reading it was a "feature" and not a bug, but it has been awhile so I'm not sure.
Well it is a definitely a bug, because the timeline and what is actually playing do not match, and whenever you hit FF or RW key the show jumps back to the beginning where it should be.

So they either need to make the show actually start from the beginning (preferred), or make the timebar show the actual time that is playing - in this case it is playing back live TV.

I hope you all submitted bug reports now.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

I just got a reply from Sage support that this was fixed in the next build.