SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-26-2003, 03:52 AM
Sage User

Good News for PVR-350 Users!! Playback/Initialization Without Starting WinTV2000!!

One thing that has always annoyed me was that in order to playback TV through the PVR-350 card to my TV, I always had to start up WinTV2000 first in order to "initialize" the card. Several people here have confirmed this to be an issue that was trying to be resolved with Hauppauge. It appears that Hauppauge has solved that problem with the latest updates to their drivers/programs. I followed the directions on their website to update the drivers, and uninstalled/reinstalled SageTV, since I had problems viewing TV in Sage after the update. Now, I no longer need to start up WinTV2000 in order for playback to work through the PVR-350!

Here's what I did (much was taken from Hauppauge's website):

1) Download three files to your computer from Hauppauge:
- HCWCLEAR
- PVR_INF files: pvr_inf.zip
- WinTV-PVR Update: PVR250_17_21226.exe
2) Unzip the pvr_inf.zip file to a temporary directory.
3) Run HCWCLEAR. This will remove the current WinTV-PVR drivers and applications.
4) Reboot your computer.
5) When your system restarts, the "Add New Hardware wizard" will run. In the "Add Hardware Wizard" first screen, select "Advanced". Then click "Next". In the next menu, select "Include this location in the search" and enter the location of your temporary directory where you unzipped the pvr_inf.zip file to install the base driver. Then click "Next".
6) After Windows has loaded the base driver, run the pvr250_17_21226.exe driver updater.

This will complete the driver installation for the PVR250/350. You will also need to install the latest WinTV2000 Application and Hauppauge Video decoders".

Hope this helps some of you!
comprat
Old 10-26-2003, 11:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

I hate to break it to you, but this was fixed in drivers that were released about three months ago. It has been reported here a couple of times in the past.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Sage User

Doh!!! Oh well, better late than never. I visit here regularly, but I must have missed that. I even searched briefly before I posted this. I'm just happy I found this out! I can't wait for SageTV 2.0!

comprat