SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-24-2003, 11:25 PM
Sage Icon

Can SageTV set delay for receiving USB-UIRT events? [one press=several events]

Dang, it's easy to program my remote using the commands section. Good stuff. Dang, that USB-UIRT is easy. Good stuff.

Dang, after I've coding the buttons for my commands in SageTV Detailed Setup.Commands and I press the remote button I've coded as "select", the USB-UIRT interprets that as several clicks, and instantly rushes me to the bottom of the selectable tree. I.E., pressing it on Guide in the main menu "selects" that, then "selects" SageGuide.

How do you set a delay between events inside SageTV? I see one for IR transmit, but that's for sending signals to STB. Is there something I can do for IR receive?

Last edited by IVB; 10-24-2003 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

Bueller? Bueller?

Someone must have had this problem and fixed it - how else could you actually use an IR remote with SageTV.

Unless maybe it's just my cable remote that sends multiple commands on one depression of the button. I'm using the AT&T digital cable remote that came with the digital cable box, on it's VCR setting so that the play/etc buttons are active.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:32 PM
Sage

It's either your specific cable box remote or a problem with your USB-UIRT. Did you try the latest version of the USB-UIRT drivers that were just released?

Do you have another remote around you can try?

(FYI - there's no setting in Sage like you mention)
Old 10-27-2003, 10:46 PM

As Jeff says definitely try other remotes. Also try asking in the USB-UIRT forums. As for the driver I'm using one that's about 2.5 monthes old and my Tivo remote (as well as 2 other remotes) works great in SageTV. So I would suspect the remote is the issue. Sorry I don't have better advice, but I did want to let you know that it does work.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:41 AM
Sage User

This is probably remote dependant. Some remotes will generate quick 'Repeats' of the event and others do not. Going forward we should probably put on the feature request list some 'debounce' logic inside the USB-UIRT plugin. This would basically cause the plugin to only generate an event to SageTV when no (same) event has come from the USB-UIRT for, say, 250mS

-Jon
Old 03-09-2004, 04:59 AM
Sage User

I am also experiencing kepress repeat problems, which make my MX-500 remote pretty much un-usable with OSD. I am using the IR receiver supplied by Hauppauge and have taught all the commands from the Hauppauge remote to the MX-500. The MX-500 works great as a replacement for all my other remotes with the exception of the Hauppauge. Pretty much any key I press on the MX-500 results in MULTIPLES of that keypress being sent out, including the # keys and joypad. I know it's the remote as the Hauppauge works fine. Any suggestions on how to disable or adjust key repeat on the MX-500 or do something on the receiving end? Or do I just use 2 remotes (hey - it's better than 7).
Old 03-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Sage User

I resolved my MX-500 multiple keypress problem. Turns out when I was teaching the MX-500 from the Hauppauge, I was holding down the key on the Hauppage until I saw the acknowledgement from the MX-500. I repeated the process, this time just briefly tapping the keys on the Hauppauge and then waiting. Voila - everything works fine now. Guess I was sending the MX-500 repeated keypresses - which it properly interpreted. Duh...
Old 03-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Administrator

eggs: Due to problems I noted in another thread, I was curious about one thing regarding using those MX-500 learned codes with the Hauppauge receiver:

If you press the same key multiple times in a row, do you start to get double button press results? i.e., here's a test: on the main menu, if you press the up arrow repeatedly, does it sometimes go up 2 buttons for each button press, instead of just 1?

I'm curious if the MX-500 operates the same as the MX-700 in this regard. I think it does, but you never know. (On the other hand, my Hauppauge IR program version could be different.)

- Andy
Old 02-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have this issue with my OFA 8910 remote for the navigation keys only.

Per my post on the USB-UIRT forums, Jon indicated that the receive plugin was written by Sage and thought that there may be a way to adjust this in Sage.

I suppose using a different remote code (toggle bit?) could be an answer. Any chance anyone uses this remote w/USB-UIRT and not see this?
Old 02-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Sage Icon

An alternative would be to use girder with the USB uirt to control sage instead of the built in functionality since you can choose the delays in girder.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
An alternative would be to use girder with the USB uirt to control sage instead of the built in functionality since you can choose the delays in girder.
Good backup plan assuming Sage's plugin is indeed not adjustable. I was hopeful in light of Jon's comment.