SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
nVidia DualTV calibration

I just got in my nVidia dualTV and swapped out my Hauppauge PVR150. I am trying to color calibrate the 2 nvidia tuners,, but I am having a bit of a problem. I can get it looking good, but then as soon as I leave the calibration screen and go to live TV, the image is over bright. Similar to what the Pvr150 would do before tweaked. When I go back to the calibration screen pressing the + or - on the brightness control will "pop" the image back to where it should be, but then the image just reverts back again after leaving the calibration screen. Please someone help...the overbright whites are starting to burn my eyes.

EDIT
In graphedit I can set the nvidia capture properties to default, and things look great. But once I start SageTV the image is overbright again, and I have to go back into Graphedit to set it back to default.

Last edited by kricker; 10-15-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:29 AM
Sage Icon

It may be that the NVidia card is NOT capturing it in an overly bright setting but rather that the settings on your monitor or video card are set too bright for playback. I've been trying to dim my settings slightly for playback with files captured on all tuner cards and it keeps reverting (not sure why yet).

Mike
Old 10-16-2006, 06:13 AM
SageTVaholic

I thought the Nvidia cards could only be adjusted using MCE? Seems like I remember people complaining about that being a drawback of the cards.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Sage Icon

It's definately the capture card and not playback. I can adjust it in graphedit and see it change. After launching Sage then going back in graphedit, I can see how it changed. But I can not figure out why Sage is changing it. Looks like I need to file a bug report.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

I have the NVidia card and I know for me I absolutely love it. Never needed to make a single adjustment and the quality is great. Ever since I realized I could adjust the "saturation" and brightness on the TV, everything looks really good. The only problem I'm having is that for some reason the adjustments keep reverting.

Mike
Old 10-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Sage Icon

Can you try to adjust with the color calibration screen and see if you get the same behaviour I describe above.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Sage Icon

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...7&postcount=21
Old 11-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

so you guys happy with the nvidia dual tuner? I have the Hauppauge dual tuner and absolutely HATE IT. It produces a nice picture from my satellite receiver but from my analog cable input it looks horrendous! I have tried so many things and spent so much time on this trying to tweak it/use various drivers/etc.. etc.. and their service is miserable becaus eof their hours and so many times I try to call their technical support and it goes to some voicemail and they never get back to me.

Anyway, I'd love to try the nvidia card if its making people happy.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorius
so you guys happy with the nvidia dual tuner? I have the Hauppauge dual tuner and absolutely HATE IT. It produces a nice picture from my satellite receiver but from my analog cable input it looks horrendous! I have tried so many things and spent so much time on this trying to tweak it/use various drivers/etc.. etc.. and their service is miserable becaus eof their hours and so many times I try to call their technical support and it goes to some voicemail and they never get back to me.

Anyway, I'd love to try the nvidia card if its making people happy.
Finally, thanks to Sage support, I can say I am happy with my nVidia DualTV tuner. It was a PIA to get and get working properly. But now everything is ok. You won't get all the features that a MCE user gets.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Finally, thanks to Sage support, I can say I am happy with my nVidia DualTV tuner. It was a PIA to get and get working properly. But now everything is ok. You won't get all the features that a MCE user gets.
So how did you get it working? I'm thinking of getting a DualTV in a little while, so I would like to know what's involved.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Sage Icon

Sage has made workarounds for nVidia's bug in the new beta 6.0.15.