SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Divx/Xvid files reported with 0 length

A bunch of my divx/xvid files are comming up as zero for the duration. I makes it hard to play the video, and makes skipping through the video imposible. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this, and if there is any work around.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Sage Icon

How did these files get into your import folder? Were they copied over from another drive or computer, or unzipped directly into the import folder? IF so, and Sage was already told that that folder was an import folder, it may have scanned the files during the actual move. And when that happens, you will get the zero duration problem.

The fix for that is to get Sage to rescan the files, either by renaming the file, or moving it out of the import folder into a different folder on the same drive., let Sage see that it is gone. Then when moved back in, Sage can properly scan the file.

The solution so that it doesn't happen again is that when you are copying or movind a file over the network or from a different drive is to temporarily place the file into a temp folder. Then once finished, you just move into the import folder. The reason is that copying over from a different drive or computer, or unzipping a file, may take a couple minutes to finish for a big file, and that gives Sage a chance to scan an incomplete file. But if you pre-stage into a temp folder, it only a takes couple seconds to move into the import folder, and Sage doesn't have a chance to scan while incomplete.

Now, if theses files were already there before you told Sage there was an import folder, either there is a problem with the file, or a problem with Sage. What version of sage? V6 beta? V6 is using a new video player compared to the older versions.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thank you soooo much. That fixed the problem. I was trying everything else except for that.