SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Point taken. I'll try to make the iTV focused icon more obvious and I'll also add the orange icons.

BTW, I wasn't trying to say that you are wrong for wanting the orange icons. I was just explaining my reasoning for making the other style. Bottom line is we should all be able to make our systems look the way we want. Choice is good. I apologize if my comments came across the wrong way.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: BTW, did the shortened selection bar work out ok for you?
Dont worry, I didnt take it wrong. I personally like the black/blue setup. I just was commenting how the orange arrows (the small ones) really stick out when there is more info. if the larger ones in blue will have the same effect, thats ideal!

shorter selection bar worked perfectly!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
That might look cool. I'll play around with some variations.
Along this theme, on the power button icon, when it has focus, maybe instead of turning orange, it could emit bright blue from the power button (the circle with vertical line), sort of a back-lit, or LED emitting through type of button. Make sense what I am saying? If you have an XBOX 360, or have seen one, mimic the power button on that, where just the green shows through the button (not the green outer ring though) and of course in blue.

Last edited by Kirby; 10-17-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Sage Icon

The preview focus blue highlighting is working, my only suggestion would be to shorten the button size to match that of the preview display. See attached file.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preview.JPG (120.5 KB, 379 views)
Old 10-17-2006, 03:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Along this theme, on the power button icon, when it has focus, maybe instead of turning orange, it could emit bright blue from the power button (the circle with vertical line), sort of a back-lit, or LED emitting through type of button. Make sense what I am saying? If you have an XBOX 360, or have seen one, mimic the power button on that, where just the green shows through the button (not the green outer ring though) and of course in blue.
I'll have a look at that too.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Sage Icon

Ah...I still haven't got around to installing this. Blasted TV shows, always recording and stuff...ah! If I floored it all the way home, I might have a 15 minute window...
Old 10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Ah...I still haven't got around to installing this. Blasted TV shows, always recording and stuff...ah! If I floored it all the way home, I might have a 15 minute window...
What, don't you watch on clients?! My happiest days started when I setup a dedicated, undisturbed server.
PC, hard drives, and STBs all in a remote room.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
What, don't you watch on clients?! My happiest days started when I setup a dedicated, undisturbed server.
PC, hard drives, and STBs all in a remote room.
I've been running that way for a couple of weeks now. Can't imagine going back.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

I wish...just one HTPC in my house.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Ok guys,

Here are some more pager icons to try. I added orange ones and tried to make the iTV ones more distinctive when selected.

I also started to work on the power button but I am not finished yet.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip Arrows v0.3.zip (36.2 KB, 327 views)
Old 10-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Mike, thanks. Without a sharply contrasting color like orange, the blue highlighting gets a little lost in the reflection of the surounding rectangle. Could we loose the rectangle and then extend bright blue farther out? I played around and modified your png files with the type of look but it doesn't have quite the bright blue glow that I was talking about. Do others like this type of look or prefer the boxes?

Last edited by Morgan111; 10-18-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Sage Icon

What if the triangle were to emit the bright blue (from the inside)?
Old 10-18-2006, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Mike, thanks. Without a sharply contrasting color like orange, the blue highlighting gets a little lost in the reflection of the surounding rectangle. Could we loose the rectangle and then extend bright blue farther out? I played around and modified your png files with the type of look but it doesn't have quite the bright blue glow that I was talking about. Do other like this type of look or prefer the boxes?
Sure, I can do that no problem.

Quote:
What if the triangle were to emit the bright blue (from the inside)?
I think the icon might actually lose impact that way since the blue is so much darker than the white. I'll play around with some more variations to see what works. Until I get this hammered out, do the orange icons work for now?

Mike
Old 10-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Yup orange works just as it should...

Another question, was there ever a resolution to the overlap of the program title in the button, on a screen such as the Recorded TV screen, where the title (program number and end of the date) overlap into the blue glow?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Another question, was there ever a resolution to the overlap of the program title in the button, on a screen such as the Recorded TV screen, where the title (program number and end of the date) overlap into the blue glow?
Yes, sort of. I can change the indentation of where the text starts within the objects by changing a property value. I just need to find the easiest way to do that in the import.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, cool
Old 10-18-2006, 05:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yup orange works just as it should...

Oh yeah, I was supposed to make a longer graphic, wasn't I?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure that would fix it? I can try a longer one, but I am just looking at my screen now, and it seems like the blue glow on the right side might get cut off. Not sure though.. its close..
Old 10-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

A longer image would prevent the blue end from stretching out as far (and look nicer). But adding a bigger margin would be necessary too.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Sage Icon

Oh so the glow itself wont change in size, just the button length?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oh so the glow itself wont change in size, just the button length?
The button is stretched to fit the area. If the button has to be stretched horizontally much more than vertically, the blue glow on the sides gets stretched out and takes up too much space. Making a longer button will just make the vertical and horizontal dimensions stretch the same amount. Short answer is the blue glow regions on the sides will not be as wide. But I agree with Morgan that increasing the inset for the text will also be necessary.

Mike