SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
1) When using the current layout, it appears that the bottom of the time (upper right corner) is being cut off. Not by much, took me a few days to even notice it, but its there.
My import and the graphics should not affect the time of day clock display. Do you have a large font for the clock?

Quote:
2) Any chance we can get Mike to make a shorter hp_selection bar, much like in his other graphics packages?
Looks like that may happen, from what I read.

Quote:
As for the focus on the video preview, hopefully that js an easy fix.
I was looking at this code. The text is always displayed with the same intensity although highlighting the video window can make it seem different. (I had to cover up the preview to see the difference). Highlighting the preview and the text together would take more import change code than I would like, and in a number of places. It wouldn't be high on my priority list at the moment. A more intense glow around the buttons and window could help though. Mike what do you think?
Old 10-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
My import and the graphics should not affect the time of day clock display. Do you have a large font for the clock?
Its just the default font. When I say its cutting some off, its very little, maybe just a few pixels in height.

Quote:
I was looking at this code. The text is always displayed with the same intensity although highlighting the video window can make it seem different. (I had to cover up the preview to see the difference). Highlighting the preview and the text together would take more import change code than I would like, and in a number of places. It wouldn't be high on my priority list at the moment. A more intense glow around the buttons and window could help though. Mike what do you think?
Maybe I'm confused here. On the default (Blue Two) theme in MC, when I highlight the preview window's title, the background changes to a bright green color. In the iTV theme, when I move focus over that same text, all I see is a transition from white to bright white text, and if you didnt know you just put the focus there, you wouldnt know where focus is at all on the screen. I thought maybe there should be a glow around that text, like all the other areas (hp_selectionbar for instance). Maybe its just something messed up on my install?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Sage Icon

It's starting to sound like there is a missing focus graphic or something. Because I have the same type of problem with the (Sharp Object) theme, except there is NO change in the selection bar at all.

Need to find out what the green bar graphic name is in the Blue Two theme, and see what that is in the iTV/[Sharp Object] theme. Maybe I'll have time tonight to check into that...
Old 10-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Sage Fanatic

Are you saying that you don't see a blue border show up around the preview window like this when it is has the focus? (It looks kinda weak here against the white background..)

If so, that is from video_window_focus.png.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Sage Icon

Thats what I am saying When the cursor gets down to the preview, there is no blue border around the video portion (like yours) or the text.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

If so, that is from video_window_focus.png.
If you use the enlarged preview window, the title uses 'video_title_focus.png' instead.
I think this is not included in the theme directories, only in the sagemc_default_graphics.zip ...

Dirk
Old 10-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Sage Icon

Hmm...not sure about that. The way it used to work in Blue Two, was that it would highlight the words "Feasting on Asphalt" in a solid green rectangle. There wasn't an outline, although the outline I think is cooler.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
If you use the enlarged preview window, the title uses 'video_title_focus.png' instead.
I think this is not included in the theme directories, only in the sagemc_default_graphics.zip ...

Dirk
Ah, yes, that's it! Forgot I was using the large preview window!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah I use the enlarged preview.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

Okidoki, I didn't know about that option. How about something like this?

You can try it out by putting the attached file in your SageMC\Images folder.
Attached Images
File Type: png video_title_focus.png (3.1 KB, 324 views)
Old 10-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Sage Icon

Perfect!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

FYI - I posted some pager arrow icons and the short selection bar in the SageMC thread here.

Mike
Old 10-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
FYI - I posted some pager arrow icons and the short selection bar in the SageMC thread here.

Mike
2 words: Orange focus!

1 more word... Please
Old 10-17-2006, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
2 words: Orange focus!

1 more word... Please
Picky picky!

So, do you mean just like the green focus icons, but orange? Is the existing blue Ok for the nofocus icons?

Mike
Old 10-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Picky picky!

So, do you mean just like the green focus icons, but orange? Is the existing blue Ok for the nofocus icons?

Mike
I meant the same color as all the other focus objects in the iTV theme... Look at the first post by Morgan, last few pictures he posted, have the orange arrows, of course his pictures are apparently showing both up and down arrows as the focus ones, and not the non-focus icons. Just trying to get it all the same, plus that orange-ish color really shows up well against all the black!
Old 10-17-2006, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I meant the same color as all the other focus objects in the iTV theme... Look at the first post by Morgan, last few pictures he posted, have the orange arrows, of course his pictures are apparently showing both up and down arrows as the focus ones, and not the non-focus icons. Just trying to get it all the same, plus that orange-ish color really shows up well against all the black!
Ok, I can do that. I guess I thought that Morgan was using the orange ones because that was all he had. I don't think they really match the rest of the theme. That's why I came up with the iTV version with the blue glow when focused. Hopefully I'll get to the orange ones tonight.

Mike
Old 10-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

Maybe orange is the best way to go. All I know is when I put the files in place this morning, it was difficult to tell the difference between focus and no-focus. Was there supposed to be a blue glow around the focus? Or maybe the focus arrows should just be an intense blue color? I just like something that sticks out, so that I know there is more information to follow.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe orange is the best way to go. All I know is when I put the files in place this morning, it was difficult to tell the difference between focus and no-focus. Was there supposed to be a blue glow around the focus? Or maybe the focus arrows should just be an intense blue color? I just like something that sticks out, so that I know there is more information to follow.
Point taken. I'll try to make the iTV focused icon more obvious and I'll also add the orange icons.

BTW, I wasn't trying to say that you are wrong for wanting the orange icons. I was just explaining my reasoning for making the other style. Bottom line is we should all be able to make our systems look the way we want. Choice is good. I apologize if my comments came across the wrong way.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: BTW, did the shortened selection bar work out ok for you?

Last edited by MeInMaui; 10-17-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

What about having an intense blue glow shooting out from the triangle and not the box? That might be pretty
Old 10-17-2006, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What about having an intense blue glow shooting out from the triangle and not the box? That might be pretty
That might look cool. I'll play around with some variations.