SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-22-2003, 09:06 AM

Motorola DTC2000 Pinnacle Studios Deluxe USB/w Remote

1. Is there a way through the serial port on the Motorola DTC2000 to download GUID information into SageTV. Maybe, through some IR code that would alow GUIDE information to be directly downloaded a a plugin that would integrate the data into SageTV. I have been having a lot of issues with my internet connection (broadband via COM Cast), i just thought as I saw it as an option for Direct TV that it may be possible to do for this this and other digital cabple boxes that support serial connections. This way you don't have to rely on internet connections to integrate guid information? Any thoughts?

2. The TV Tuner I bought, Pinnacle Studios Deluxe USB/w Remote has an IR built into it. Does anyone know of a way to trap that IR signal via the USB port and map and forward it to ExeTunerPlugin to change the channels. That would be very cool. Basically an IR Blaster that is software based. The remote comes with a utility called remote.exe that runs in the background. It has a test app you can run, when you hit a key on the remote the test app has little lights that indicate that the IR port is recieving signals. I'd be willing to help in anyway possible to try and trap that signal and integrate it into SageTV to map and forward the IR to the Motorola Box. Am I way off on this?

Its not easy being green.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:10 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

1. We are not able to access the Guide information from any external cable or satellite box. The only control the serial port provides is to change the channel, isn't doesn't pull any other data from the box.

2. There's no need to worry about this because SageTV takes care of the channel changing itself. Just use the remote to control SageTV and then SageTV will send the necessary commands to your Cable box.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:05 PM

Motorola DTC2000 Pinnacle Studios Deluxe USB/w Remote

1. Ok... Then what would be recommended as a guide? Is the internet the only option?

2. How do I get the Pinnical Remote to work. It is not being recognized. I've tried the advanced settings to USB under IR but it doesn't work. Is there some steps that I have missed.

Thanks for you help
Old 10-23-2003, 03:19 PM

2. Ok, I figured out the Pinnacle PCTV Deluxe USB remote. There is an INI file in the remote directory that can be programmed to work with any computer application. The remote application loads this file at startup and sends mapped keyboard strokes to the application window based on the key that is pressed on the remote. For example key21 on the remote gets mapped to the SageTV keyboard combination of CTRL+SHIFT+S, which in turn, will pause and play LiveTV.

Because the remote INI file sends keyboard combinations to the SageTV window only if the INI file has that button (key) mapped to a pre-configured keyboard combination you cannot train the remote from the SageTV commands options. I used the commands options to map the remote keys manually. I spent about 1.5 hrs to 2hrs setting up the INI and testing.

[htpc]
Intel P4 1.6mhz, 256M, 40G, ATI Radeon VE 64m AGP w/TV Out, Pinnacle Studios Deluxe USB w/Remote, Windows XP sp1
Old 10-23-2003, 04:18 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

The answer to your guide question is if you want to use the Programming Guide within SageTV, an internet connection is required to receive the updates from our server.