SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-30-2003, 12:28 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Force EPG update?

I was trying to get my EPG to update because it didn't download any EPG data when I reinstalled SageTV. It now says that the next update will be in 23 hours, but since I have no EPG data in there, the EPG isn't of use right now until it does.

How can I get it to update?
Old 03-30-2003, 12:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

I believe the easiest way to force the guide download is to go into Channel Setup and add a channel to the guide that you don't currently have added. That will force the guide update. After you have guide data, you can then go back into Channel Setup and delete that channel.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:01 PM
Sage

It's actually a little simpler than that....

You can also just do a remove/add in channel setup all in one step and then exit it. That'll also trigger an EPG update.

For example, I just go into channel setup, then disable channel 2, then enable channel 2, then exit channel setup. EPG update occurs.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Key Phrase: "it didn't download any EPG data when I reinstalled SageTV"

I believe laurenglenn's problem is that they need to re-configure the tuner card. The behavior I observed when going from 1.0 to 1.2.2 Beta was just this. I had a bunch of channels I couldn't tune - and no EPG data. I went to Setup Wizard and re-discovered/configured my Hauppauge PVR 250 and off I went.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:56 PM
Sage

I also sent her this email, this applies to any new subscribers to SageTV Service who are using Version 1.1.4 or earlier:

I wanted to inform you of an issue you may encounter if you were using the TRIAL access code prior to signing up for SageTV Service. The issue causes a large chunk of programming guide data to be missing. It is easily resolved. Here's how:

1. Quit SageTV if it's running
2. Open the Sage.properties file in your SageTV folder using a text editor like notepad.
3. Delete any lines that contain the word server_update_id
4. Save the Sage.properties file

The next time SageTV does a programming guide update, it'll fill in the missing data.

What this does is clear the synchronization IDs that the client stores relative to the server. It uses these to optimize its updates so it only downloads the changes in the data each time, and not all of the data.

The Channel Setup trick just causes the actual update to run; it doesn't clear the synchronization ids.