SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

VMR9 issue with 1080i and Music too.

In v5 the only way I could get 1080i content to play in VMR9 was with FSE enabled.

On installing v6 I was pleasantly surprised to see 1080i playback improved without FSE, not great still dropping frames etc. but improved. I enabled FSE and no problems. Well after a few days of use I can't playback 1080i at all, I don't think FSE is truly enabled. I haven't changed any other settings etc. What is worse is 720p content has got the jitters too.

For the time being I went to Overlay and everything plays back fine.

Now to the music, when I was VMR9 if I had music playing and went to play a recording the video audio would start, but the video would not play I would just see sage menus with a black background (it would be like background video between comercials). The only way to get proper playback was to restart sage.

This problem is gone with overlay, is anybody have this issue? Anyone have any thoughts?

I guess overlay is OK, playback is not as crisp as VMR9 but hardly noticable, slightly more saturated. The menus look like do-do though.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

So now with Overlay at the end of each song, the a Windows window pops up saying something to the effect "Due to some error SageTV has to quit blah blah would you like to send an error report".

Sage doesn't quit, I just click "Don't Send" and the Sage icon spins for a few seconds and the next song plays.

These are .m4a music files.

Should I submit a bug report for these issues, is there anything else I should check first? Anybody having the same issue?

Edit: I am not really enjoying using OVerlay at all, much prefer VMR9