SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Sage User

No Scheduled Recordings: StephaneM's XMLTV importer with v6 beta

(EDIT) THIS IS A PROBLEM BETWEEN SAGE6 and StephaneM's XMLTV importer
DO NOT USE THEM TOGETHER AS YOUR FAVORITES WILL STOP WORKING APPROX 24 HOURS AFTER THE UPGRADE

this has happened twice since i installed the beta

i open view recording schedule and there is nothing in the list. (I checked for filter but I haven't set any)

i look at a program in the guide that should be set to record, it is not highlighted with a white outline and if i look at its record options I can Add it as a new favorite rather than options to edit or delete

If i look at manage favorites all the favorites are there and if i select any under additional airings I can see all upcoming programs but none of them are set to record

restarting the service/client and reimporting the guide makes no difference.

The first time this happened i had modified the stv using reported ok stvis but the second time i had nothing other than the original stvi that comes with the beta

in both cases it worked for more than 24 hours before they disappeared and during that time i had forced manual imports of the xmltv data just to check if that was working ok

to resolve the problem i just replaced the wiz.bin with the old one that i backed up before upgrade to beta.

My system

java 1.5.0.02

the following load at startup
net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer;
net.sf.sageplugins.getstatus.GetStatus;
net.sf.sageplugins.sagexmlinfo.RecordingXmlGenerator

and the StephaneM's xmltv importer

just remembered about the above sageplugins so i will remove them as well in case they are the issue

any other ideas? If no one can think of anything stupid i might be doing I will submit it as a bug

-ekiwi

Last edited by ekiwi; 10-07-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Sage User

I believe this may be due to the StephaneM's XMLTV importer

on checking the logs immediately before the import i have recordings scheduled and after I dont

what i don't understand is data gets imported there is still things in the guide just nothing scheduled
Old 10-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, the data is imported fine, but you cannot make any search, so all favorites are failing.

If you create a new favorite, all is fine (it will schedule some recordings) and suddenly the scheduled recordings disappear.

I submitted a bug report to SageTV to know if something has changed regarding XMLTV imports (by checking the API I don't see anything obvious and already tried to change some way of importing with no success).

I'll keep you posted about this, until then you should revert to a non beta SageTV.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Sage Icon

After a few more tests, I find out that this is the use of the SageTV API call "AddAiringDetailed" that mess things up. If I use the "addAiringPublic" all is fine.

The "AddAiringDetailed" allow the Importer to set the HDTV flag, part number and total parts of the show, whereas "addAiringPublic" doesn't allows it.

So there is something that has changed in SageTV that doesn't allow "AddAiringDetailed" to be used in the XMLTV Import process. I'll wait about SageTV team comments on this.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Sage Icon

an update on this issue.

There will be an update of the XMLTV Importer for this but only for a next beta release of SageTV 6. The SageTV dev team needs to create a new interface for adding the shows as the Importer does today (with HD / part numbers etc..).

If some of you really want to use the SageTV 6 beta right now, I can issue here Java classes that will work with current beta (though you'll loose HD / part numbers in the guide).

Note: the cause of this issue is the "AddAiringDetailed" API call, it does add the airing, but as a result it is not flaged as a "TV" airing and as such could not be used in Favorites (and EPG search). So if others are using this to change an existing airing property, use with caution.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:19 AM

StephaneM,

Can you please post the update here or on your site? Sage v6 solves several issues for me (DVB and Analog on the same server) so I am not that keen to go back to 5.

thanks,
owen
Old 10-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

For those who want to try out the beta right now here is a quick fix for the XMLTV Importer.

Just download the zip file and extract the java classes into C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\xmltv (replacing existing files).

Warning : those files are only intended for my XMLTV Importer and not for others.

The new java classes use the "old" API to add shows, and as such works with the beta but also with other SageTV version, the only side effect is that you'll not have any more the HDTV flag and part number.

These new classes are not the final fix for this issue, the XMLTV Importer will be fully updated with (if the needed API is available) the next beta of SageTV 6.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Attached Files
File Type: zip XMLTVPlugin.zip (8.1 KB, 286 views)
Old 10-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Sage Icon

The version 2.0 of the XMLTV Importer can be used with SageTV beta 6.0.13 (it will not work with the previous two 6.0 beta build, but it still works with previous version of SageTV like 4 or 5)

Regards,
Stéphane.