SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

v6 Placeshifter problems

I'm having a problem with Placeshifter in v6. It works properly for SageTV recordings and Google video. However, when you try to play an MP3, the file doesn't play and the play time indicator goes to -00:00.

I'm also unable to view imported videos (ripped DVD's) from Placeshifter. It seems like it's supposed to work in Placeshifter v6, because all the options are there. However, the file is not played and all that shows up is the DVD title bar and a black screen where the video should be playing.

If I log into the server (headless, service mode) I see a SageTV Placeshifter .exe crashed error box.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Inidividual VOB files (or multiple files in a playlist) may play on the Placeshifter, but not DVDs w/menus. Maybe that's an issue: ripped DVDs even being listed on the Placeshifter?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Inidividual VOB files (or multiple files in a playlist) may play on the Placeshifter, but not DVDs w/menus. Maybe that's an issue: ripped DVDs even being listed on the Placeshifter?

- Andy
Does this mean that DVD playback w/ menus is only available on Client and MVP installations?
Old 10-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Right -- just the Placeshifter cannot play DVDs w/menus.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Sage Expert

Is that a bug or by design? Will Placeshifter be upgraded to play DVDs w/menus?

thanks!

Quote:

- Andy
Old 10-29-2006, 01:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

- Andy
Oh man! That's a potential deal breaker for me. Andy, can you confirm if this is a planned feature that just hasn't been implemented yet, or is it a hard 'no go'?

I "was" getting a PepperPad 3 strictly for use with the Linux placeshifter, but if it won't play back my imported DVD's then I have to radically change plans. Perhaps it could be improved to allow DVD playback only when no transcoding is involved (ie, local network ONLY), that would be just fine.

Please, if possible Andy, get a confirmation...?

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server

Last edited by PGPfan; 10-29-2006 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Sorry, but I have no plans to make any attempt to predict the future.

- Andy