SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-03-2006, 10:25 AM

Question Capture error in playback (-2,0x80004003) when choosing MPEG-4 recording

Hi everyone! First, I want to say that I really like SageTV 5. I bought it two months ago and it has worked great the whole time! Also, it was the only program that I could get to work with my ATI HDTV Wonder card (even the software it came with didn't work).

I was trying to change the recordings to be made in MPEG-4, but I got this error when selecting Watch Live TV: "There was a capture error in playback. Error -2,0x80004003. There was a problem using a SageTV component. Please re-install the SageTV application." It kept poping up and would lag SageTV. There was no video or audio. It does work with the DVD quality, but not with any others (MPEG-4, VCD, etc).

Some of my computer info: Pentium D 805, 2GB RAM, ATI HDTV Wonder, Windows XP Pro SP2. Let me know if you need more info.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this. I appreciate any replies. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnafl
my ATI HDTV Wonder card

I was trying to change the recordings to be made in MPEG-4, but I got this error when selecting Watch Live TV: "There was a capture error in playback. Error -2,0x80004003. There was a problem using a SageTV component. Please re-install the SageTV application." It kept poping up and would lag SageTV. There was no video or audio. It does work with the DVD quality, but not with any others (MPEG-4, VCD, etc).
That card can record in MPEG-4?

There are some formats (VCD/MPEG1/??) that can't be played live while the recording is in progress. For the Plextor DivX encoder, it would wrap the file in an MPEG2 wrapper, then unwrap it later, thus allowing live playback. But, I'm not sure about that card/format. If no one else has a comment, you should ask SageTV's tech support.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
That card can record in MPEG-4?
Oh, I guess that might be it? Is there anywhere I can go to find out what the card can do? I checked ATI.com but I didn't find anything useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
There are some formats (VCD/MPEG1/??) that can't be played live while the recording is in progress. For the Plextor DivX encoder, it would wrap the file in an MPEG2 wrapper, then unrap it later, thus allowing live playback.
I didn't know that. Like I said, I only got my first TV tuner card two months ago and I really don't know much about them or what they can do, etc.

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:18 PM

I found out that the card can do MPEG-2 and MPEG-4. Not sure if that is it, though.