SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51
A reinstall does not allow me to enter the key. I am really starting to get worried that I will not be able to enter this new key, and keep all of my favorites, etc. within 3 days.
Run SageTV with a command line parameter of REGISTER (p235 of the manual) and it will prompt you for the key.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Run SageTV with a command line parameter of REGISTER (p235 of the manual) and it will prompt you for the key.
Thanks alot...this is just what I needed. I realize it was right in the manual, but I'll blame it on WAF impacting panic.

Thanks again.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51
Thanks alot...this is just what I needed. I realize it was right in the manual, but I'll blame it on WAF impacting panic.
Hey, who in their right mind reads as far as page 235 of any manual?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 10-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hey, who in their right mind reads as far as page 235 of any manual?
It looks like you, unless you are indicating that you aren't in your right mind...
Old 10-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
It looks like you, unless you are indicating that you aren't in your right mind...
That was my point...
Old 10-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That was my point...
LOL, I see. Guess I should have guessed based on the avatar...
Old 10-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

I upgraded my SageTV license and that seems to have taken and works fine. My understanding is I would not need to upgrade my client. I just installed the V6 client and I'm getting the message that the temporary key has expired and I either need to Enter a key or buy now.

Can someone point me to what I'm missing.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2006, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjames
I upgraded my SageTV license and that seems to have taken and works fine. My understanding is I would not need to upgrade my client. I just installed the V6 client and I'm getting the message that the temporary key has expired and I either need to Enter a key or buy now.

Can someone point me to what I'm missing.
Have you rebooted your server since upgrading the client?
Old 10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
Have you rebooted your server since upgrading the client?
Thanks but I thought of that, so yes, I did. I didn't reboot the client, but I didn't think I would have to.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Sage Icon

Are you certain it's the client you installed and not another server?
Old 10-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Are you certain it's the client you installed and not another server?
Another good thought, but I checked and I only have SageTV client installed.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Sage Icon

Then I suggest you contact SageTV Support, because any Client licence is valid with v6. Or start the client with the REGISTER command line parameter and then enter your key again...
Old 10-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Then I suggest you contact SageTV Support, because any Client licence is valid with v6. Or start the client with the REGISTER command line parameter and then enter your key again...
Support suggested entering my V4 key, which worked.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
So where's the problem? If you like the competitor, buy their product. I looked at a few PVR solutions a year ago, and Sage won by a mile (and I'm in the UK so the EPG isn't even available). But you think the competitor does better, that's your opinion, go for it!
I satisfied myself with a compare of others out there vs V6. Some have better features. All seem to have their own quirks. All have active communities of modders (I recognized alot of the same sigs on other forums). But, nothing hands down blew the others away.

That said, Sage gets my $30. It was a combination of laziness (I built a new server using V6 and didn't want to roll back to 5), my already invested time and $$, and of course the WAF. At the end, Sage is a stable and mature product that performs as advertised. So hey..the devil you know

Even though Sage has some catching up to do with its native feature set, the community here has been compensating for this.

But FREY, please have more significant changes before you go to V7. The life of a version in the past has been way to short (4 versions in 2 years?) and feature slim.

BTW rickgillyon. your scripts to launch AutoGK work very nicely. Hope Sage gets its compression routines polished up to be as good.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugh
BTW rickgillyon. your scripts to launch AutoGK work very nicely. Hope Sage gets its compression routines polished up to be as good.
Thanks! I'm waiting for Sage to add auto-scheduling...but then all my overnight conversions happen on another machine on the network, so they'd need to add that too...never satisfied.

Maybe in v7.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:24 AM
Sage User

tryal for beta

A couple of month ago I tried V4.0 in a two weeks tryal. That version was not what I wanted (no DVB support among others).
Now, from another thread I learned that 'soon' a beta will surface that is supposed to do everything I need. So, having no license, I like to know how to get a tryal for this coming beta including a tryal license for the MVP client.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Laja
Now, from another thread I learned that 'soon' a beta will surface that is supposed to do everything I need. So, having no license, I like to know how to get a tryal for this coming beta including a tryal license for the MVP client.
Well, any "soon" betas won't have a significantly different feature set to the current one, so probably best to try that.

Try it first, but if you can't use the two weeks trial you'd need to speak to SageTV Support to see if they can help you.

Edit:
I see elsewhere that you're waiting for DVB-S. I would hold on until that is confirmed before starting your trial...

Last edited by rickgillyon; 10-19-2006 at 03:27 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:21 AM
Sage User

Indeed I am waiting for the version that supports DVB-s CAM/CI, which seem to be in the pipeline (couple of weeks ?)
What I meant to ask is if the download of the beta includes a tryal period and a tryal license for the MVP media extender?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Laja
What I meant to ask is if the download of the beta includes a tryal period and a tryal license for the MVP media extender?
Yes to both, two weeks.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Sage User

Howto after system reinstallation

Just curious, since I reformat and reinstall Windows every year or so:

Do I have to reinstall 2.x, then reinstall 6.x? Or will the key work directly?

Peace,

Mike