SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
The newer MVP extenders have digital out now.

And I remember a mod that could be done to include a SPDIF output on the older MVPs. I don't know if that will work in Sage though.
Checked out Hauppauges website. Couldn’t find anything about digital out feature on their MVP.

Where have you seen it?

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 10-04-2006, 03:22 AM
Sage Icon

Mentioned in this thread : http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ht=mvp+digital

Apparantly they installed a digital output on the new wired and wireless MVP's. They aren't publishing the fact, but it should be there.

Last edited by ke6guj; 10-04-2006 at 03:26 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Mentioned in this thread : http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ht=mvp+digital

Apparantly they installed a digital output on the new wired and wireless MVP's. They aren't publishing the fact, but it should be there.
Thanks for the info ke6guj. Now I just need to be sure that if I order a new MVP I also get the new version and not an old one.

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 10-04-2006, 07:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to willgill
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad
Now I just need to be sure that if I order a new MVP I also get the new version and not an old one.
I just ordered and received a wired MediaMVP from Provantage. It came with the mysterious black RCA port. There was no label and no mention of it anywhere.
Server: WinXPProSP2, Athlon64 4000+ Dual Core, ASUS NVidia Premium SLI MB, 2Gig DDR, 2xGeForce 7800GTX in SLI, 2x250G SATA HD's in RAID stripe, 250G SATA Video, 250G Backup HD, Onboard Realtek sound, PureVid 1.0.2.223, SageTV 6.3.8
HTPC: WinXPProSP2, AthlonXP 1700+, 1GigDDR, ATI Radeon 2400HD AGP with , Overlay, SageTV 6.3.8
iTreadmill: Media MVP with USRobotics wireless bridge.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joematt
With 3.5 TB of data spread out over 7 disks on 4 different computers/nsa boxes it is absolultly necessary that the root folders merge like they did in all other releases. My library sturcture looks like this:

\\NSA01\OnMedia01\My Videos
....New
.........DVDs
..............Films
..................(genre)
..............Television
.........Films
..............(genre)
.........Television
..............(genre)
.....Online
.........DVDs
..............Films
..............Television
.........Films
..............(genre)
.........Television
..............(genre)
\\Computer1\OnMedia02\My Videos
etc

You get the idea. Am I missing something. This is a deal breaker
I filed a bug report on this. Waiting to see what tech support has to say. Can't play with the beta until this is fixed.

....and the trial clock keeps on a tick'n.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Sage Icon

Video conversion not working on HD files?

I just converted a SD recording to MPEG4 just fine, but on every HD (MPEG2-TS) file I try, whether its from my Fusion card or my R5000 units, fails after about 2 seconds. Anyone had success converting MPEG2 HD files yet? Which profile did you use? I have tried all 4 MPEG4 variants and the high quality DVD long run or whatever its called.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to willgill
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac
SageMC doesn't work well on a laptop because there's no BACK button. And it doesn't work well with the MVP because its designed to have a small preview window of active content. If you put active content in the background, the menu items become very hard to read. And I like the menu animation stuffs in the latest SageMC16x9, but sometime it hangs and is very slow, and those animations won't work on the MVP. I don't want to run different UI on my MVP or placeshifter clients, so I use deault STV just to have all of them look the same. So as for SageMC being default UI, this is a definite No.
I'd like to second this vote. SageMC looks great, but it's very cumbersome and lacks quick mouse clicking buttons that default GUI has. My wife navigates around the default GUI fine. When I loaded on SageMC she was lost and noted it wasn't very intuitive. With a few changes, SageMC would rock, but until then, it's default for me.
Server: WinXPProSP2, Athlon64 4000+ Dual Core, ASUS NVidia Premium SLI MB, 2Gig DDR, 2xGeForce 7800GTX in SLI, 2x250G SATA HD's in RAID stripe, 250G SATA Video, 250G Backup HD, Onboard Realtek sound, PureVid 1.0.2.223, SageTV 6.3.8
HTPC: WinXPProSP2, AthlonXP 1700+, 1GigDDR, ATI Radeon 2400HD AGP with , Overlay, SageTV 6.3.8
iTreadmill: Media MVP with USRobotics wireless bridge.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Sage Icon

My biggest complaint about the default menus is the overall structure. It just did not flow logically for my usage. Until now, there was really only one thing in online so you had to go through 3 menus to get to weather
I would like to see a customizable menu tool in the core package. I know about the plugin that is available, I have used it and like it, but it would be nice if it were easier to construct (maybe WYSIWIG even). Maybe a simpler version of studio where you could only manage the menus/ buttons/ screens and navigation.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Sage Expert

Is it just me or do some of the popup menus seem a bit odd in the beta? e.g. you'll have 8 options in two columns but 6 on the left and 2 on the right?
Old 10-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS
Is it just me or do some of the popup menus seem a bit odd in the beta? e.g. you'll have 8 options in two columns but 6 on the left and 2 on the right?
They may look odd, but you are seeing the result of conditionally adding options that belong to one column or the other.

For example: you are probably seeing 2 items on the right: add to playlist and play a playlist (or something along those lines). If you were to add a few items to some playlists, you'll then see that the left side now displays the most recently added-to playlists near the top of the right column. Or, if you select some other type of airing/video/etc, you may notice that the left side has fewer options, depending on what options are allowable.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgill
I'd like to second this vote. SageMC looks great, but it's very cumbersome and lacks quick mouse clicking buttons that default GUI has. My wife navigates around the default GUI fine. When I loaded on SageMC she was lost and noted it wasn't very intuitive. With a few changes, SageMC would rock, but until then, it's default for me.

Ditto for me. I like the SageMC look, but it is a no go with my wife.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
Ditto for me. I like the SageMC look, but it is a no go with my wife.
Don't forget-SageMC was designed from the beginning to be used with a remote only!. No mousing and no keyboarding. That's why you have those perceived issues-it was designed that way.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Sage Icon

Never used a mouse with either.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
I just converted a SD recording to MPEG4 just fine, but on every HD (MPEG2-TS) file I try, whether its from my Fusion card or my R5000 units, fails after about 2 seconds. Anyone had success converting MPEG2 HD files yet? Which profile did you use? I have tried all 4 MPEG4 variants and the high quality DVD long run or whatever its called.
Try running the MPEG2 file thru VideoRedo before encoding (use the quick stream fix). Sometimes I had trouble encoding files captured thru firewire from my cable box. After VideoRedo (i also use it for removing commercials), mpeg4 encoding works like a charm.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I haven't done anything yet with converting to AVI, will try tonight, but converting HD to PSP worked fine.

B
Old 10-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

FYI: In the sagetv.properties file you can adjust the transcoding quality in the transcoder/formats/ -settings.

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
I haven't done anything yet with converting to AVI, will try tonight, but converting HD to PSP worked fine.

B
I'm just trying some other profiles right now, iPod High seems to be working on a HD capture just fine. I will try it on some of the others too and see what happens.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm just trying some other profiles right now, iPod High seems to be working on a HD capture just fine. I will try it on some of the others too and see what happens.
AVI Deinterlaced High failed. Will try more later. Sitting in airport RDP'd into server. Moving kinda slow.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Sage Icon

Ok, I just cycled through all of the MPEG4 variants, and they all worked this time. Something strange going on. Maybe it was just having a brain fart earlier.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Two questions - one looking for clarification and one seeing if I can get Narflex to loosen his lips a bit...

1) I plan to purchase the upgrade, etc. so I will find out on my own, but... it seems like all the base functionality for "Showsqueeze" is now integrated into Sage, but a clean, automated "Showsqueeze" function set is not built into Sage yet? Is that correct?
2) Any chance of getting a tease on anything HD extender related?