SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:19 PM

need help with EXETunerPlugin

I have two Samsung HD receivers TS-360 and I would like to control them using serial port instead IR, and I made it work partially – I can change single digit channels but can not control multi-digit channels because I can’t figure out how to send commands correctly.

Problem is that TS series boxes do not speak same protocol as other directv boxes with low speed data ports. To change channels (1 through 9) on the TS-360 box I need to propend *dtv to the desired single channel number (this works) however if I would like to change my TV to channel 21 via serial port I need to first send *dtv2 followed by *dtv1

So the question is how do I send a sequence of the commands *dtv instead of just one commands:

Example
To change channel on TS-360 (Creston protocol) to 201 I need to send following command set to the girder who will then sends appropriate commands to the receiver:

C:\Program Files\Girder\event.exe DSSTUNE %2% -silent
C:\Program Files\Girder\event.exe DSSTUNE %0% -silent
C:\Program Files\Girder\event.exe DSSTUNE %1% -silent

Instead of sending C:\Program Files\Girder\event.exe DSSTUNE %201% -silent
Old 10-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Sage User

You might be able to write a batch file or a script that takes the channel as input and then splits up the calls to girder the way you want. So instead of having exetuner call girder directly, you'd have it call your script and pass in the channel number.